the one where you move to new york city

sorry for being inactive, life's been hectic! this one's a bit short but hopefully you'll still enjoy it. ok thank u!!!

niall put the last box down, next to other boxes you still had to unpack. it had been a long day for the two of you and you were glad you had put everything down in your new apartment. the apartment wasn't big, it was actually kind of small, but it was the only thing you could really afford right now. you and niall both had found a job in new york city as he knew you wanted to move to the city. you couldn't be more grateful for somebody and you were sure there was no way to ever make a gesture like this towards him.

"alright, that's the last one," niall said as looked around the small room. the kitchen was full of boxes, just like the tiny hallway and the living room area. the only thing there was, was a mattress. you had made the bed already because you knew it was probably going to be a late night. it was already past 10 and all you wanted to do right now was sleep.

the lighting in the apartment was awful, it was bright yellow and it hurt your eyes. you had painted the walls a few days ago, so there was still a slight smell of paint, but you made sure to keep the windows open. it also helped to get used to the sound of the city; cars honking, sirens and squeaky brakes. you didn't grow up in the city so it was something to get used to, but the sound brought you comfort.

"god, i'm so tired," you sighed as you kicked off your shoes. you walked towards the mattress and laid down on it, closing your eyes for a second. "yeah me too, it's a lot more work than i thought it would be," niall said as he walked through the apartment. you looked to your side to look out the window. it was nice having a bed - or a mattress - next to the window. the pretty lights of the city that never sleeps caught your eyes immediately. it was just like the movies.

you turned to look at niall when the lights in your apartment went out. "did you just turn off the lights or is this place haunted?" you asked him. "i turned them off. the lighting's too bright for now," he said as he took off his shoes and walked towards the mattress.

"wait, don't you wanna put this in the bedroom?" you asked him. niall shook his head quickly and laid down next to you. "no, baby, we've got time tomorrow. let's just be here for a second," he said softly. he put his arm around you, as you put your head on his chest and your leg on his. you two were quiet for a while, listening to the outside noise and enjoying this new, scary beginning.

the silence was comfortable, like there was no need to talk. being with each other meant so much to the both of you and sometimes the only thing that could compare to that was the silence that only comes when two people understand each other. you didn't say anything but there was so much said in those silent moments.

the city lights were so bright that they lit up your apartment, no need to turn on the horrendous yellow lighting. it made this all seem like it was a fairytale. a real life fairytale. you almost wanted to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming.

"thank you," you whispered to niall and you looked at each other. his hand gently caressed the side of your arm, a gesture that really felt like a comfort blanket. "for what?" he asked you. "everything. moving to new york with me, supporting me, loving me. thank you for doing all of that."

the sparkle in his eyes made you fall in love even more. it was like the universe had planned this moment, like it was supposed to be this magical. "i'd do it for you a hundred times. as long as i'm with you, i'll be okay. your happiness is my happiness," he said. you shared a few soft kisses and told each other soft i love you's while the city lights shined upon you.

quickly, there was clothing removed from both of your bodies. you got under the sheets with niall, because you were still very aware you were naked in front of a window. sloppy kisses were exchanged and moans filled the room. because the apartment wasn't full of furniture yet, the sound of you echoed loudly, but you made a mental note to introduce yourselves nicely to the neighbors the next day.

after you both got down from your high, you looked up at niall again. you felt so lucky to have the opportunity to be here with him, to have this moment. "i thought you were too tired," niall jokingly said. you laughed at his comment and kissed him again. "i'm never too tired for you," you said. you continued to talk a little bit about the last few days, but the conversation died quickly because you were both exhausted. you fell asleep in his arms, knowing that your apartment wasn't your home, because that was all him. he is your home.

*: .comment your request if you have them .:*