the one where you're scared of the storm

this storm has been doing your head in all day. you loved the rain, but the storm was the absolute worst, you hated it. it was loud and cold and dark outside all day and it even kept you up at night. you kept tossing and turning, hoping you would fall asleep, but the thunder wouldn't let you.

niall on the other hand was deep asleep, even snoring lightly. you looked over at him and could see the form of his face in the dark. it calmed you a bit knowing he was right next to you, but it bothered you he wasn't really close. he loved to hold you while sleeping, but you didn't want to wake him by putting your arms around him. he needed all the sleep he could get and waking him wouldn't please him.

it was until niall came back from the bathroom in the middle of the might, he realized you were awake. he got back into bed and you felt his chest against your back. "ya still awake?" he murmured and kissed your shoulder. "yeah, don't worry about it though" you whispered and he put his head against the back of yours. you heard him fall back asleep again but woke him up when the lightning and thunder scared you, your body shaking by the sound. it felt like the thunder was right next to your house and you let out a sigh, hoping you wouldn't burst out crying because you were so tired. "'m startin' to worry now" he said softly. you didn't say anything, you just wanted to sleep.

by the light that was showing in your room, you knew he was on his phone. "the thunder will stop in 10, and after that it'll just be rain and still quite windy" he put his phone down again and you turned around. "come here" he said and you didn't waste any time and got closer to him. you put your face in the crook of his neck as he put his arms around you and he pressed a few kisses on the top of your head. "you're safe inside, there's no need to be scared" he said softly and rubbed your back. "i know, there's just so much noise outside and i need my sleep" you said frustrated and he hummed. you calmed down after a few minutes by the way he was holding you.

"just close your eyes and i'll wait until you're asleep. and please wake me whenever you need me, okay? i'll do anything to make you feel better" his voice was so sweet that it made you fall asleep with a little smile on your face.

*: .comment your request if you have them .:*