{10} Daddys Lap

Ophelias POV:

"Okay.... Okay don't panic."

George stares at the necklace I'm holding and holds his hands up towards me as i frantically tell him that Henry knows something is up.

"Don't panic?!" I yell. "George, don't you get it?! I could get taken away for this!" Tears start filling my eyes. "I-.... I can't go back to the way things were, George. I can't.." I whimper at the memory of always being alone, with no one to turn to, no one to love. I stare down at the necklace, i was worried because Henry gave me that necklace. He gave it to me when i got clean, he told me how proud he was of me for trying to get better. So obviously he would know it was mine if he saw it. George immediately rushes towards me at the sight of me crying and pulls me in a tight embrace.

"That wont happen.. Okay? I won't let that happen." George hushes as he runs his fingers through my hair. I sniffle with my face pressed against his bare chest. I shake my head.

"You don't have that power, George. If they realize whats happening it wont matter how much i want to stay." I pull away from him just enough to look up at his face. He gives me a sympathetic look as he wipes my tear-stained cheeks with his thumb.

"Lets not jump to any conclusions, maybe Henry didn't notice.. or maybe he didn't think to much into it.. I love you, I told you before that I'm never letting you go. we'll figure something out, baby." He kisses my hairline and rests his forehead on mine. My tears start drying at his reassurance and i felt safe again. But i knew this feeling wouldn't last.

"I love you too." I tell him. He smiles and kisses my lips. He nudges my cheek with his nose before saying..

"Come on, its getting late lets get some sleep. We deserve it."

I reluctantly follow him to our bed, knowing I probably won't be getting a lot of sleep tonight.

~~~

"I think i should call Henry."

George chokes on his tea and spits it out on the patio floor at my idea. He looks up at me from across the table we were eating breakfast at.

"What?" He asks as he uses a napkin to wipe his drink off his moustache.

"Whats the worst that could happen?" I shrug.

"Oh, um." He clears his throat. "I don't know, i mean he could call social services and make sure i never get to see you again." George says sarcastically.

"I don't like the suspense of it. I dont like not knowing that any moment i could get ripped away from you. Theres too much anticipation."

"I mean, he was acting quite strange while he was leaving" George stares at the table as if replaying the moment in his head. "I dont like how he hugged you, what'd he whisper to you?"

"He said he'd call me soon." I answer nervously. "That could mean anything, right?"

"Well whatever it means it makes me nervous and I don't like it."

I let out a deep sigh and silence fills the air. The only sounds are the birds chirping and George stirring his tea.

"You know him best.." George suddenly voices, my head snaps up to look at him, his gaze fixated on his cup. "If you think phoning em' is the best than i say do it." He looks up at me and nods. I inhale shakily and nod back.

"I'll call him later then."

"Okay." He agrees.

We both go back to eating our food in silence. The fear is still looming over my head and i guess George noticed at some point throughout our meal because he reached across the table and placed his hand over mine, giving it a gentle squeeze.