4

About an hour later Schlatt woke up from his sleep, a small yawn escaping his lips as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Morning, kid.." He muttered drowsily, looking over expecting to see the baby, only to see she was gone.

A sudden chill went down his spine as he quickly looked around, pulling the sheets up and looking around frantically. "Kid.. kid? Come on, now's not a good time to play hide and seek.." He gulped quietly. "Do you even know how to play that?!"

Once he realized the child in fact wasn't in his room, he rushed downstairs, where Ted was standing in the kitchen, making some breakfast.

"TED!!" The man shouted as he ran into the kitchen, almost causing Ted to drop the pan he was holding.

Letting out a huff, Ted slammed the pan down onto the stove. "The fuck is your problem, Schlatt?! You can't just do shit like that!!" He said while crossing his arms. "What do you-"

"Have you seen the kid?!" Schlatt cut him off immediately, his voice panicked.

Ted shook his head and sighed, looking back at the pan on the stove. "No, I haven't seen the kid. Wasn't she with you last-" He froze, before turning and quickly looking at Schlatt again. "You lost the kid?!"

Schlatt's face went quiet bit red, mainly from embarrassment. "I wouldn't say 'lost'.. buuuttt I woke up and she was gone."

"You- I-" Ted paused before letting out a worried and frustrated groan. "Schlatt, Charlie is going to kill us! How the hell do you lose a baby?!"

"Look! I don't know, okay?! I woke up and the kid was gone!!" Schlatt said as he stressfully ran his fingers through his hair. "Please just help me find her, Ted! Charlie will kill me!!"

Rolling his eyes, Ted reached over and turned the stove off, giving a long sigh. "Fine, but if he gets back and we haven't found her, I had no part of this."

~

Hours passed, and the search was still on for little Y/N. The two men had practically torn the house apart looking for the child. Cushions were pull away from the couches, cabinets and closet doors were left open. They had even flipped over a few chairs and tables, making sure that the child hadn't crawled under one somehow.

"Are you sure she isn't in the laundry room?!" Schlatt shouted to Ted from upstairs as he frequently looked through his closet.

Checking the pantry, Ted gave a sigh. "I looked through every single pile of clothes in there! I didn't see her!"

"The bathroom?!"

"No!"

"Charlie's room?!"

"Looked under his bed and everything! Still a no!"

"The basement?!"

"We have a basement?"

"I don't know!!" Schlatt gave a frustrated sigh as he rested his head against the wall.

Meanwhile, though, while the two boys struggled with their search, Charlie sat at his parents house on the attic floor, looking through a photo album as Y/N sat in his lap.

He gave a small smile as he pointed to a photo of himself on his 2nd birthday. "There's a picture of me eating some cake!" He gave a chuckle before looking down at the child. "Can you say 'cake', Y/N?"

All Y/N did was drool and chew on the plush Schlatt had given her, which caused Charlie to chuckle even more. "Close enough, I guess." He sighed and closed the book. "Maybe we can save that for when you're older." He said with a smile.

Charlie sat the book aside and stood up, carefully picking the baby up with him. Spotting an old box, his eyes lit up a bit. "Oh! Here we go!"

"These are a bunch of things my parents used when I was a baby! I guess they really didn't sell this stuff.." He gave a small chuckle as he sat down and opened the box.

Looking through the box he smiled and grabbed a small baby carrier. "Look! I can wear this and carry you around with me! Isn't that cool?" He smiled, gently poking the baby's stomach.

She gave a small giggle which caused Charlie to smile, before setting the little carrier beside them, continuing to look through the box.

~

More time passed and soon the sky grew dark, Charlie was heading back to the house, all while Ted and Schlatt's panic continued.

"We've looked everywhere.. all of our rooms, the kitchen, the bathrooms.. are you sure she didn't leave the house somehow?" Ted asked, a stressful tone in his voice.

Schlatt gave a slow nod. "She's a baby.. I don't know how she would've just left.." He gulped as he grabbed the bottle of margarita he had been sipping on and took a quick swig.

Letting out a sigh, Ted leaned back against the couch. "Well, maybe she could've- wait, are you drinking?"

A nod was the only response Schlatt gave, before pulling the bottle away and wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "Charlie's already gonna kick my ass, might as well be somewhat numb when he does it."

Giving a scowl, Ted leaned over and immediately snatched the bottle. "Give me that! I'm sure he won't be that mad."

"I lost a fucking baby, Ted!! He'll be pissed!" Schlatt snapped as he sat up a bit. "I'm a dead man!"

Before Ted could argue back the sound of Charlie's car pulling into the driveway could be heard. Schlatt leaned back and and let out a long sigh. "When I die, I hand my channel over to Jambo-"

It wasn't long before the door opened and there entered Charlie and Y/N, which caused both Ted and Schlatt to stand up and pause.

"You've got to be kidding me." Ted said in disbelief, while Schlatt just stood there, his eyes wide.

Charlie close the door before standing there for a moment, tilting his head slightly. "What's going on?"

Without hesitation Schlatt ran over and immediately snatched the baby from Charlie, holding her up in the air and laughing a bit, mainly in relief. "Hoolllyy shit! You're not gone!!"

The child could help but smile and giggle as she was held up, while the other two stood there for a moment. Charlie looked at Ted, then at Schlatt and the child. "Is he-"

"Drunk? Yeah. We both got scared that she was gone. Thanks for not telling us that you took her with you, by the way." Ted said with a small huff as he crossed his arms.

A confused expression formed on Charlie's face as he pulled out his phone. "But I texted both of you?-" He paused and his cheeks went red from embarrassment, before holding his hand over his face. ".. they didn't send."

Scoffing, Ted rolled his eyes, before watching the now ecstatic Schlatt held the baby close to him now. "Dumbass."