7

A few years had gone by, and now little Y/N was a whopping 6 years old. The three men who raised her honestly couldn't believe it, it felt like yesterday when they brought her home.

But today, they're little girl would be facing a big challenge, all by herself. This would be Y/N's first day of 2nd grade. Her first day of real school.

Somehow Charlie, Schlatt, and Ted managed to homeschool her for her previous school years, but due to their busy schedules all of that had to change.

Ted parked his car in front of the school, tapping his fingers anxiously on the steering wheel as he looked back at Y/N and Charlie through the rear view mirror.

"Alright, Y/N.." Ted finally spoke up, turning and looking back at her. "You've got everything, right? Your backpack? Lunch? The paper with our numbers in case you need us?"

Y/N nodded as she kicked her legs, letting out a small giggled. "Yep! I checked before we left the house, Papa."

Schlatt piped up from the passengers seat, turning to look at her as well. "And you're sure you're ready for this, Y/N? We don't mind if you still wanna be homeschooled-"

Continuing to kick her legs, Y/N giggled. "I'm sure, Pops! I at least wanna try it!"

Charlie, almost on the verge on tears, gave a sniffle and wiped his face with his hands. "Yeah!.. She at least needs to try new things! Without us.."

Seeing Charlie's emotions break through made Y/N frown, she immediately hugged him arm. "Don't cry, Dad!"

Chuckling a bit, Ted nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Charlie. Save the crying for when she actually leaves.."

Sniffling, Charlie forced his tears back and slowly gave a nod. "Okay, okay.."

The four of them all got out of the car, the three mean nearly surrounding little Y/N as she stood there, staring at her brand new school.

It was obvious she was way more excited about this than her guardians were, but that didn't stop them from being proud of her.

Before anything else, Schlatt crouched down, carefully placing his hand on her shoulder. "Now, Y/N.. are you sure you wanna do this? What if Jambo misses you? What if you get lonely and need us?!" He gulped, now starting to freak himself out. "W-What if!!-"

Placing his hand on Schlatt's shoulder, Ted gave a long sigh. "Quit it, Schlatt. You'll freak her out." He chuckled. "Just promise us you'll do your best to have fun, okay, Y/N?"

"And punch any kids who try and mess with ya." Schlatt added in, chuckling softly as he slowly stood up.

"That too." Ted nodded in agreement.

Charlie would've been giving some good advice, too, if he weren't already in tears and crying into Ted's shoulder.

"Have fun, okay, Kiddo? We'll be back to get you when schools over." Schlatt smiled, carefully patting the kids head.

Y/N nodded and smiled brightly. "I will, Pops!" She giggled joyfully, before turning and walking towards the school, waving to her three guardians. "Bye Papa! Bye Pops!! Bye Dad!!! I love you!!" She smiled as he confined to wave, before heading into the front doors of the school.

And just like that, their little Y/N was beginning to grow up on them.

Both Schlatt and Ted began to grow a bit teary eyed, though they definitely weren't going to admit it. The three men finally got back into the car, all three leaning back into their seats.

".. So, we're sitting here and waiting for the school day to end, right?.." Schlatt asked, sitting up and looking over at Ted.

Ted let out a sigh and rubbed his face, slowly starting the car. "If we wanna get arrested, sure. We should probably get home. I've got a video to edit, and I'm sure you guys got work to do, too.."