me

Even though he wanted to scream, they couldn't. May was sleeping soundly and they were terrified to wake her up. A sleepy May is a grumpy May. So here he was, Peter Parker, at 3 am, trying to stitch up a bullet wound with third degree burns all throughout their body. Fan-fucking-tastic. -i mean, it wasn't entirely MY fault- they muttered throughout gritted teeth. -That shitty little bitch of Dr. Oc is at fault. HE tried to kill so many people in one go, I just... happened to be patrolling. Yeah, it is definitely not my fault- Spiderman continued.

-Yeah, no, because it definitely isn't because you have absolutely zero self-preservation instincts- Peter jumped at the new voice but relaxed when they saw it was May. FUCK, it's May he tensed again I'd rather have that two faced Osborn bitch to fight me right now than-

-Heeeyyyyyy, Mayyy- they smiled, interrupting his inner monologue. -Why are you up?-
-I came to check to see if you had arrived. Now, what happened?
-I was minding my own business... ok, no that's bullshit, I never do. Anyways, I was patrolling, that squid-dick burnt a house down and then tried to kill me, but don't worry, no one was harmed- They said without even taking a breath.

-Pete, you were harmed. This looks so bad! You may have arachnid powers, but you're still human. I know it hurts a lot, I know you've been trying so hard to make everyone proud, but you don't need that! My nephew is so amazing, he is in his Decathlon team (won regionals), they are out of the closet, they have a beautiful partner, with a very healthy relationship, and he is a fucking superhero! Don't push yourself past your limit honey, you are amazing in any ways. Please, I am begging you to take care of yourself.- she finished. Peter hung his head low, knowing that she was right. They knew, of course, that neither Tony nor their partner was going to be happy to see him in this state. He let May handle the stitching and recovery of the young teenager's body.

He needed a break. They needed more time with May, MJ, Tony, the Avengers, their partner, and most importantly: himself. He needed a Me-Day. And of fucking course, who was he to refuse?

Shitty, but aNYWAYS, just a reminder that it's ok to take breaks, or even give up. It's very brave of you.