Therapy

SHE LIVES!!!! I'm back with another Spiderman story. ⚠️NO WAY HOME SPOILERS⚠️ Sam expanded his therapy from veterans only to everyone after the snap. Peter saved money so he could pay them, and the fact that they were cheaper helped a lot.

   There he was again, that brown haired, brown eyed kid. He would come twice a month, and they would just sit there in silence for 5 minutes until Sam began to talk. He leaves him 5 minutes in silence in case he wants to build up courage, but he never seems to do it. So Sam talks, and the kid listens. Sam talks about things he learnt in the internet, and the kid listens carefully, looks at him with sadness written all across his face, and a glint of interest. That's enough to keep Sam going. He rants about the dishes he cooked, or his fishing trips with his parents when he was younger. And Peter listens.

    Today seemed to be no different, the kid came in, sat in silence for a while, but before Sam could open his mouth to start talking, he spoke.

"I'm afraid- no, I know I'm too broken to live happily again. I- I, please-" He whispered, his voice trembling, "understand that I have serious trust issues. I've been betrayed before, three times. So I can't open up that easily. But i-" He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and continued "I decided that I can trust you."

  And, for the first time in forever, Peter talked and Sam listened. The first few sessions, the kid rambled about his day, or how he is close to having his high-school degree (through a GED). He let's some things slip, like his dead aunt, his crappy apartment, minor things, honestly. Sam has enough evidence to diagnose him with PTSD and anxiety, which... Definitely isn't good to have all at once. The only thing he doesn't have is WHY does a 19 year old  boy had so much on his plate.

   And then it happens. The main session, the game changer. Peter comes in, as usual, but he seems more fidgety than normal. He slips an NDA to Sam, which he signs gladly, and starts talking.

"The thing is... I am spiderman" He starts, not noticing that he just quoted Tony Stark.

    And Peter starts. His parents, how it all begun, how he was scouted by Tony ("YOU were that kid? Man, I was stuck in the floor for TWO hours, d'you how embarrassing it was?"), the vulture, Thanos, Thanos pt.2, Europe, Mysterio, his identity being exposed, being falsely accused of murder, that whole shitty-ass week, the three spidermen, and the Spell. The entire story took three sessions to telk, with Peter having panic attacks in the middle of them.

"So, that's why I can't be fixed, I can't open up. I'm sorry I burdened you, Mr. Wilson, sir." Is how the kid finishes.

  After that, Peter was diagnosed and given medication. He still goes to therapy sessions, and Sam helped him make MJ and Ned remember, which wasn't an easy task, but in the end it worked out (MJ punched him repeatedly in the arm while failing not to cry and she hugged him for two minutes.) (Ned slapped him and hugged him for half an hour, not even trying to hide his weeping.)

  But the therapy kept going. Only this time, Peter talked and Sam listened.