Chapter 6: It all starts here (3)

At the Sugisawa Hospital

Y/N's PO

   "Itadori, (Y/N)."

   "How's Iguchi-senpai doing?"

We enter the room to take a look at Iguchi-senpai, I feel bad, curiosity kills the cat. Being curious is fine, but you should learn how to stop or think first before taking action. Well, I can't blame them, they love doing those sort of things to the point they are willing to sacrifice their time, though they don't expect their lives as well.

   "The doctors say he's fine, but he hasn't regained consciousness." Sasaki-senpai explained, I do hope he will regain his consciousness soon. "It's all my fault. If I hadn't asked him to come to the school that night..." Sasaki-senpai started to cry.

   "I know you won't believe this, but this weird monster attacked us, and I was captured, too." Sasaki-senpai explained. Weird monster ha, those curses, never knew they exist. I bet Inari knows they do, how come he didn't tell?

   "I believe you. Those weren't monsters. They were curses." Yuuji suddenly said, I look at him with confusion. Well Sasaki-senpai did see it, so it's fine for them to know. It's not like they will be fully involve. "The finger was a special-grade cursed object. It had the power to draw other curses to it and make them stronger. So it wasn't your fault. It was mine for picking it up." I look at Yuuji, this dumbass, hayst..., what's with people and blaming themselves for something they didn't expect to happen.

   "Sorry. It'll be all right, though. Someone capable of fixing Iguchi-senpai will be here tomorrow." Yuuji said, I just look at Iguchi-senpai, I hope for his fast recovery. "Itadori?" "Sorry, senpai. There's somewhere I need to go." Yuuji signals me that it's time for us to leave. He walk out and wave a bye to senpai. I walk out as well but turn to look a Sasaki-senpai.

   "Senpai."

   "What is it (Y/N)-chan?"

   I look at her straight in the eye and said, "It's not your fault senpai, even for a bit. You never expected any of this to happen, you never expected that Iguchi-senpai to get injured like that. So don't blame yourself, just take this happening as a lesson to always be careful on what you will do and what you will pick. Everything will be fine senpai, after all, nothing last forever, all of this will end, Iguchi-senpai will be recovered in no time." I smiled at her, she just looks at me with wide eyes, I wave a bye and left.

I saw Yuuji waiting for me outside.

   "What took you so long?" He ask. I look at him straight in the eyes and said, "You as well, it's not your fault. You don't have a single clue that what you found is dangerous. You're just being a nice kouhai and try to help our senpai's to the best that you can. So don't blame yourself, everything happens for a reason, who knows, maybe this will triger something in the future." I smiled at him and walk ahead, not noticing the blush on his face.

   "(Y/N)-chan wait for me!! Don't say things like that, you're making me flustered ehehe." Yuuji ran to me and stop beside me, holding his face with his hands, looking like a love sick idiot, I can see the imaginary hearts and rainbows surrounds him. Talk about disgusting.

I just look at him with a disgusted look and walk faster. "Oy, (Y/N)-chan waaaaiittt!!!"

   "Who passed away?" Gojou-sensei asked.

   "My grandpa. Although he was like a father to me." Yuuji said. "I see. Sorry it happened at a time like that."

   "So have you decided what you want to do?"

The three of us are sitting outside in a bench, I sat between Yuuji and Gojo-sensei.

   "Are casualties like thses from curses pretty common?" Yuuji-asked. "This one was a rather exceptional case, but in terms of the damage, it happens all the time." They continue to talk while I just space out, looking at the blue sky.