Chapter 10: Team

Y/N's POV

We, Yuuji, Fushiguro-san, Kugisaki-san and a guy named Ichiji-san at a juvenile detention ward.

    "Our window verified the curse womb three hours ago. Once 90 percent were successfully evacuated, they made the call to seal off the center. Cutizens within a 500-meter radius have been evacuated, as well."

While Ichiji-san is explaining to us the situation, I'm actually half listening and half not. I still can't get the conversation that me and Inari have out of my head. It still baffles me, I hope I can get through this mission, I have a bad feeling about today's events, I hope it's nothing huge. The good thing is that I read some books about Gods and Goddesses and what kind they are. Me and Inari still don't know the extent of my ability, and the drawbacks that I will get if I ever go beyond my limits, or if ever there are limits.

    "Ichiji-san, question." Yuuji suddenly ask, it get me out of my trance, I look at him curious about his question.

    "What's a 'window' here?" Yuuji asked. "A window is a member of Jujutsu Tech who can see curses. They aren't sorcerers, though." Ichiji-san answered. So basically you can call them as assistants or informant. Well they can be, whatever, give me my sleep.

   "Let's continue. Detainee Block 2. At present, five detainees remain there with the curse womb." As Ichiji-san explained, I observe the area, and the building. I'm still sleepy since I didn't get enough sleep since my thoughts are all over the place.

   "Hey, so... I still don't really understand what 'special-grade' mean." I perk up at Yuuji's questioning voice. Special-grade, what is that?

   "Then allow me to explain it so even idiots can understand." Ichiji-san said. Wow, ouch, I will just keep my mouth shut to make it look like I know what his saying.

    "First, there's grade 4. A wooden bat is enough for them. Grade 3. If you have a handgun, you can rest easy. Grade 2. It'll be a close call with a shotgun. Grade 1. Even a tank may be insufficient. Then there's special-grade. Let's say you might be on even footing if you carpet bomb it with a cluster bombs." So we might die today, great. I sighed.

    "That's real bad!" Yuuji said as he suddenly hugs me tight, I just pat his back for assurance.

    "Normally a jujutsu sorcerer on par with the cursed spirit would take on the mission. On a day like today, that would be Gojou-sensei." So that shows how strong Dadd- I mean Gojou-sensei is. Since me and Yuuji are new, we are considered as Grade 4 sorcerer. Yeah, we gonna die.

   "I-I see. So where is Gojou-sensei?" Yuuji asked Fushiguro-san. "Away on business. He's not someone who should be loafing around at the school in the first place." Fushiguro-san said. Yeah, I remember when he said his Goodbye to us, Yuuji is still asleep at that time. Inari is so pissed.

   "Don't expect any souvenirs. Aside from (Y/N)-chan of course, I will buy you sweets, and I will bring Inari-sama with me as well. Higher-ups orders.~"

He is carrying Inari in his arms, as Inari is trashing out like a madman to get out of Gojou-sensei's grasp.

    "💢PUT ME DOWN HUMAN I DON'T WANNA BE NEAR YOU NOR BE WITH YOU, LET GO OF ME YOU DISGUSTING HUMAN!!!" I just sweat drop. "NEVER!!" Gojou-sensei just huged Inari more tightly. 

I'm still confused, why would the higher-ups want Inari to come with Gojou-sensei. What are they plotting.

  "Unfortunately, we're constantly short-handed in this business. You'll often have to undertake missions beyond your power. The current case, however, is an abnormal one, and most urgent. Do not fight under any circumstances. If you encounter a special-grade, your options are to either run or die." We all started to get nervous, to run or die, it's our choice. Not like we can run away easily. "Please just listen to your fears." Ichiji-san said that our main mission is to rescue the remaining people inside.