6

You walked outside to people already putting on gear. This morning you'd have breakfast after the odm training because apparently we'll become sick from the movement on a full stomach.

You stood along lines you were assigned to and waited for your turn to get strapped up.

You watched as people got their gears attached to the equipment and were required to balance.

Next was your turn as Sasha was next to you in the side beside you.

You got hooked up and placed onto the equipment as the commander made you hold yourselves up for the time being. Then he explained that on his command, you'd all let go and attempt to balance yourself.

"3. 2. 1. Now", he said as you all let go of the cords, resting into the gear.

You felt yourself wobble in the beginning before calmly sitting still.

You looked to the side to see sasha, who was swinging back and forth comfortably. She was a natural. On the other side of you, you saw Annie. You didn't even notice her stand in the row next to you.

She probably stayed hidden or quiet, but none the less she was standing straight, still as a nail and kept her gaze forward, determination written all over her face.

You were proud she could do it. But you were jealous she was a natural. You wobbled here and there while she stayed completely still.

"Yeager!" You heard the commander scream as you looked down the row of people beside you, seeing eren face plant on the floor.

Seeing him like that made you feel tons better than before. Looking at Sasha you could tell she was giggling at the boy.

You got unhooked from the equipment and were told to go back to the lunch room.

You walked with Sasha and behind you stood the quiet Annie. Mikasa and Armin stayed back with eren so it was only you three instead of the six of you.

Sasha was cracking jokes and you felt bad Annie was just quietly walking behind you, not being involved.

Sasha laughed to herself at her own shitty joke as you turned around to Annie, trying to slow down so her pace is close to yours.

"You did really well on the odm gear! You're a natural!" You smiled as the girl nodded.

"Thank you." She replied.

Well, that was bland. You thought she was uncomfortable with you, but the look in her eye didn't seem angered or anything. She might just be a little quiet.

"Do you want to eat lunch with us together? I see you with the two boys all the time. Boys get annoying, don't they?" You tried persuading her.

"Maybe. I'll sit with you guys for the time being, but I have to go back to them when they arrive." She said boldly as you entered the lunch room.

"Do you like one of them?" You whispered to the girl before shaking your head. "Sorry I shouldn't have asked a personal question." You instantly regretted asking.

"No. They're childhood friends, that's all." She replied before following you and Sasha, sitting down where you did.

You sat quietly as Sasha broke the awkward silence.

"So, Annie. How're you liking the food here? Good right?" Sasha asked to which Annie nodded.

"It's good. Maybe not as healthy as I'd wished, but it's okay." She replied to which Sasha pouted.

"What about you, (y/n)?! You like the food here don't you?" Sasha asked to which you nodded.

"Not as good as my moms cooking! But it comes in a close second!" You cheered as you smelt lunch being cooked. You never met or knew the people who actually cooked your meals. Maybe they were a cadet like you!

"Yeah my hometown definitely had better but it's still really good here!" Sasha agreed as you noticed Annie just look down, with her hands crossed on the table.

"Why'd you decide to become a cadet, Annie?" You asked as she looked up at you.

"I was from shiganshina. You probably heard of the attack last year.... so now I'm here." She said as your eyes widened.

"You're from shiganshina?! So was I!" You smiled, now knowing there were other people in the same situation you were in. "I never knew you though. Maybe we were on opposite sides of the village." You questioned as she nodded.

"I never knew you until now." She admitted, you still wondering why you didn't know her. You'd known all other kids your age from shiganshina, even if you didn't talk to them, you still knew what they look like.

"Hey Annie." You heard a boys voice from afar.

Annie turned around as you did as well. The blonde boy that always sits with her was waving at her from the front.

"I'll go." She said to you as she got up from the bench.

"Okay. Goodbye." You waved as she walked towards him.

You noticed Reiner give you a side eye look before walking with bertholdt and Annie to their seat.

Every day you'd have training and it's only been two days and you were already sick of it. Yeah it wasn't that complicated, today was easy balancing and yesterday was easy because you just had to talk. The problem is the heat. It's so damn hot outside and the uniforms made your body feel like a sauna.

Not to mention tomorrow you'd actually do training. Well, night training. You were excited for that. Since you had the whole day off tomorrow you decided to just relax in your room with Sasha or something.

It was already night time as Ymir and krista were sleeping. You stayed up to talk with Sasha.

You got to know a little more about her. How she was a hunter back at home. She was a great fisher and knew how to use a bow and arrow to kill wild animals. It was cool learning about her childhood.

As the topic of your childhood cake up, you didn't really know what to say. Your family had kept the titans a secret all of your life and you didn't have a clue there were scouts or anything. You had a peaceful childhood. In a small yet welcoming house, there wasn't more you could've asked for. Your mother never really let you go anywhere, but inside the walls, there was no where to go anyways.

You told sasha about your peaceful life, and how easy it was. You told her that in a way, you were actually happy your mother kept the titan situation out of your mind. If your mother had told you about the titans, you'd probably be terrified.

Well you were terrified either way, but at least now you knew why she was keeping it a secret.

You began getting tired as sasha was as well. You went to bed and so did sasha.