29

"We're almost there." Annie holds her hand as she points to the big island, Marley.

"They really did make progress on rebuilding this place!" You smiled as she nodded.

She helped you off the boat as you stood on the stone floor, looking around and seeing family's walk along the dock.

Annie breathed in heavily before sighing.

"So fresh." She whispered as you leaned into her to give her cheek a kiss.

"Let's go to your dads." You told her as she nodded.

"Yeah."

She knocked on the door to her old house, her dad answering it with a smile on his face.

"Annie!" He cheered, taking Annie into a hug. Annie wasn't a very touchy person but it's her dad, so she let him hug her tightly as she looked at you, letting go from her dad.

"Hello." You smiled as Annie made a scooting motion so you had the chance to greet him

"Oh yeah! Come in!" Annie's father stood out of the way so you and Annie could walk into the house.

"Very cozy." You whispered noticing the animal fur blankets and carpets.

"It is." Annie whispered as she sat on the couch.

You sat down next to her, as she swung the fur blanket over the both of you.

"So hows it been back in wall Maria?" His father asked as you answered.

"Well, my house isn't doing to good, it's small and cold, but it's alright because Annie's there with me." You smiled as Annie slapped your arm in embarrassment.

"If you ever need a cozy place to stay you're always welcome here." Her father said as you thanked him.

After a while of talking you and Annie had planned on walking around her area, seeing familiar faces that survived that day.

You said your goodbyes to her father, and walked out of their house and headed to the main intersection of her town, where many people hung around, ate, sang, and had fun.

Walking into that area was exactly as Annie had described it. People left and right eating and playing guitar while sitting on rocks.

"Gabi!" You noticed the girl through the crowd as she turned her head to your direction once hearing her name.

She tugged on the boy beside her, making him turn to you as well.

Gabi and falco ran up to you and Annie, giving you a hug.

"Guys you've gotten so big! It's only been a year!" Annie smiled as the two nodded.

"Yeah I've gotten pretty old, almost an adult!" Gabi said confidently as falco tried to make her stop, knowing she was embarrassing herself. But she wasn't. You found her confidence adorable.

You told Annie to wait a minute before talking to gabi and falco alone.

You leant down just so that your heights matched.

"So guys, during me and Annie's weddings, would you be the ring boy and flower girl?" You whispered as gabi squealed.

"You guys are getting married?!" She whisper yelled as you put your finger over your lip.

"I plan on proposing soon, but I want to make sure you guys are willing to be there." You winked as falco hugged you.

"Falco." You whispered.

"Of course we'll be there!" Falco smiled, pulling back before you pet his head lightly.

"I'll talk to you guys soon. Keep it a secret from Annie, okay?" You asked as they nodded.

"What was that all about?" Annie asked as the three of them returned.

"Oh nothing." You said sarcastically as Annie shrugged it off. You knew dee down she was suspicious but she was never the type to admit it.

_____

"Alright guys. I'll miss you!" You and Annie hugged gabi and falco near the dock.

They quickly ran away after you Were about to get onto the boat.

"Such energetic kids." You giggled as Annie pat your back.

"Reminds me of you and Sasha back in the 104th cadet core." Annie smiled as you rubbed the back of your head.

"You think so?"

"(Y/n)? Annie?" You heard the mans voice behind you, turning around to Reiner.

"REINER!" You cheered as you ran to him, he already having his arms open to let you jump into them, giving him a hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked as Annie walked up to you.

"Saying hi to my dad." She responded, giving Reiner a hug.

"And you didn't tell me?" Reiner teased as Annie slapped his shoulder.

"Ah so you guys are on your way?" He asked as Annie nodded.

"Reiner I'll talk to you soon." You winked as Annie squinted her eyes at you before you giggled.

"Don't worry Annie, i won't cheat on you with this smelly man." You joked as Reiner lifted his brow.

"Smelly?" He asked as you grabbed Annie's arm, bringing her on the boat.

"I'll get you I swear!" Reiner said as the boats gate closed, meaning Reiner couldn't get on it.

"I'd love to see you try!" You teased back as Annie stuck her tongue out at Reiner in a playful way. Annie was never playful with people, watching her do that lit your heart with happiness, as you kissed her cheek, while she waved back at Reiner.

You waved at him as well as your boat took off, now not being able to see Reiner anymore, you sat down on the boats deck, beside Annie, talking to her about the food there. Gabi has suggested you tried cooked steak on a stick, and you did. It was really good.