20

you dropped your position as a member of the survey corpse and became a member of the military police brigade, knowing you wanted to spend all of your time with Annie.

You left everyone. Sasha. Ymir. Krista. Armin. All of them. After the fight with the female titan they never heard of you again.

______

You would constantly get letters from sasha, delivered to your regiment. They always said something along the line of "I miss you"
"I wish we could fight together again." But other times she would say the stupidest shit, like "Connie spit on jeans toothbrush and we cackled when he put it in his mouth without knowing". Simple things like that always made you smile.

And to be honest, you missed fighting with her as well.

It was really hard to fight yourself to not join the survey corpse again. You knew levi and he told you you'd always be welcome to join back. As stuck up as the short man was, he knew you had skills the survey corpse needs.

The military police brigade doesn't fight titans. Your role is to protect the king and everything revolving around royalty.

Your whole point of going to the 104th cadet regiment in the first place was to kill all titans to avenge your mother. You felt like real shit to be doing this. To be ditching that goal to stay with a girl that was a titan.

You would constantly sit beside Annie's crystal, either in complete silence or asking "why". Why any of this was happening. Why she didn't tell you anything. Why she did what she did. Why she didn't trust you.

After two months, there were still no answers. You had no idea what the hell to do, if Annie was even alive, or if she would ever get out. You couldn't just wait and wait.

And that's when you gave up. You knew the only way you could come closer to answers would be to join back into the survey corpse. And that's what you did. Two moths wasted and you still weren't closer to answers.

"Captain levi." You put your right fist in your heart.

"Ah, (y/n)" he said as he put his cup down.

"I'd like to join back into the scout regiment" You said as he nodded.

"Alright then." He nodded as you waited for him to continue.

"Y'know sasha wouldn't shut up about you. You belong here." He said before picking his cup back up. "Dismissed."

"Thank you sir." You smiled as you walked out of the room, and into the room of the building that was Sasha's. You remember two years ago that when you were placed in separate rooms as sasha, you were absolutely pissed. But hey, you'd finally see her again.

You knocked the girls door as you stood with a smile on her face.

She answered the door with a tired face as her eyes lit up with excitement at the sight of you.

"(Y/n)!!" She screamed as she jumped into your arms, hugging onto you tightly.

"We can finally fight together again sasha!" You smiled as you shook her body.

You settled next to her on her bed as you talked away about the things that happened in the last two months.

You never mentioned Annie. As far as sasha knew, Annie was a traitor. For you though, you knew it wasn't that simple. There must be a reason, and you wanted to hear that reason from Annie herself.

Since the two months had passed you learned a lot that had happened.

Bertholdt had been killed, and you found out he was the colossal titan.

You began to wonder how. Back four years ago now, when shiganshina got attacked, by that exact titan. Bertholdt was the one that destroyed your home? Killed your mother?

It almost made you barf. Sasha has explained that Armin and Erwin were on the verge of death, but levi used a needle to revive Armin, turning Armin into a titan, making him eat bertholdt, taking his powers.

It was confusing but somehow you believed her. She had also told you Reiner was the armoured titan, and he managed to escape with erens brother in the last mission.

"Eren has a brother?" You asked as sasha nodded.

"They look nothing alike, but from what I know, they both share the same dad." She responded, fiddling with her fingers.

"So annie, bertholdt and Reiner really are the bad people." You swung your head low.

"I have no idea what their motives are." She said as she shook her head.

"Armin got bertholdts memories but refuses to talk about them. I have no idea what bertholdts motives were. We literally are clueless. All we know is that there is somewhere far away, they're who're our ememies."

"They went to the cellar. Remember the one eren talked about all the time? The key he had as a necklace."

You nodded, remembering eren always tucking away a necklace he had.

"Well, they found information. I don't exactly know what, since they aren't telling me, but I do know they're planning a mission. To go across the sea and find the enemies." She said as you paused.

"You think there is a big population outside of these walls?" You asked as she nodded.

"I think so. That's what we're trying to find out. But that mission will happen in four years, I think. We have lots of time." She said.

"So I'll have to wait another four years for her..." You whispered.

"Huh?" Sasha asked to which you shook your head.

"Nothing, my bad." You responded.

"Oh hey (y/n)!" It was Connie, waiting at the entrance to Sasha's room. "What're you doing here?" He asked as you smiled.

"Joining the survey corpse again." You looked at Sasha.

"Woah really?!" He said as you nodded.

"I wanna solve this whole problem and get rid of the titans, and bring people together." You smiled as he ran up to you, jumping into your arms.

"Woah." You said shocked as he hugged you.

"It's been two months dude!" He said as you pet his head.

"Connie get the hell up." Sasha said pushing Connie off of you.

"We've gotta Get us all together. Jean would love to see you again!" He said as he grabbed your wrist, pulling you out of the room to go see the others.

It was like a little reunion.