22

And like that, it's been four years. Four long hard years. Every weekend you would skip training to go meet with Annie, constantly telling her what you were doing, and how much you missed her.

Sasha and you had once again grown as friends. Those two years away from each other was washed away and it's like you've been together your whole lives.

You learned about Marley and eldians. The people who lived on the other side of the ocean. Apparently that was where erens brother, Annie, bertholdt and Reiner had come from.

You stayed quiet whenever Annie's name was mentioned. You found it hard to stay quiet when they called her a traitor. You knew without Annie being able to defend herself, you wouldn't believe the others.

The scouts had their own airplane type mechanics. And you got new uniforms. They were black and you really liked how you blended in with the dark.

Well that was the point, you'd be going to Marley and capturing their titans.

You practiced with the new weapons, which included guns, and lighter odm gear. Your swords stayed the same as they were created just for you, and were still fit just for you.

For this mission, you'd be in control of helping others up onto the air ship while they fought. Since you went two years without training, you still didn't trust yourself enough to fight alongside the others. Levi understood and placed you in the position you wanted.

You watched from the door of the airship as sasha spun around the cart titan, cutting its skin apart with jean helping her. They were dodging the shots from the tanks on the cart titans back.

Looking the other way, you saw eren, in titan form, fighting Reiner and the beast titan.

At this point uncountable people were being crushed and killed underneath you.

You knew these people were "your enemies" but at the same time. They were people. Being killed.

Fighting titans was fine, but you never wanted to kill people, no matter who they were.

After they were done, and eren was at his limit they were called back to the air ship. You helped cadets one by one back onto the air ship, organizing them so everyone can fit.

Sasha and jean were the last two as you put your hand out, grunting as you used all your force to help them up.

"WE DID IT!" You cheered as the rest of the cadets on the air ship also cheered.

"Jean, Connie." You smiled as you gave the two of them a hug, waiting to give sasha a hug last. Because you know, best for last.

"Sasha!" You turned around going to give her a hug before hearing a loud gun shot, Sasha's deadweight body falling into your arms.

Your heart nearly stopped as you pushed the girls body off of yours.

"SASHA!" You screamed noticing the blood wound in her stomach.

You looked at where the shot came from, noticing a small girl with a gun twice her size.

You grabbed the gun from her, kicking her to the ground, pointing the gun to her head.

Tears strolled down your face as Connie and jean were screaming Sasha's name, trying to make sure she was still alive.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO?!" You screamed at the little girl as you cucked the gun higher, placing your finger on the trigger, waiting to blow the girls brain out.

What you'd just said about coming here and staying on the air ship. How you didn't want to fight, and how you felt bad for all these people being murdered. How you wished there was a better solution, yet here you were, aiming a rifle at a little girls head.

Tears streamed down both of your faces as mikasa lowered your gun.

"Stop it." She whispered as she tried grabbing the gun out of her hand.

"SHE KILLED HER! THIS LITTLE BITCH KILLED SASHA!" You screamed, trying to pull the gun back, mikasa being much stronger than you, taking it away as two other cadets held you back after noticing you were about to run up to the little girl and beat the shit out of her.

"LET ME GO!" You screamed, shaking your arms and legs but the boys holding you back used much more force than you could use.

They pushed you into a room at the front of the air ship as they locked the door behind you, making you unable to leave the tiny room.

"LET ME THE FUCK OUT YOU ASSHOLES!" You screamed, banging onto the door with as much force as you could before falling to the floor, bawling your eyes out.

"SASHA!!" You wailed in pain as the girl that was your best friend for all your life was now bleeding out in the room next to you.

After twenty minutes of rolling around on the ground in tears, the door opened as jean pushed you back, noticing you were going to push past him and get to sasha.

Connie locker the door once again, leaving jean and you alone in the room.

"(Y/n)" he whispered as you punched his chest.

"Let me see her! Please!" You cried into his chest, being too weak to punch him anymore.

He grabbed you into a hug, you crying into his shoulder, your body shaking as you could tell his breath was uneven as well.

"I need her. She's my best friend." You cried as jean wrapped his arms around you to comfort you.

You gave up on struggling, now hugging him back in pain. Your heart felt like it shattered. The sound of the gun and Sasha's body falling into your arms would haunt you for life. You knew it.

The ride on the air ship home was spent crying in jeans arms, as he lightly rubbed your back.

First you lost Annie, and now sasha? Why.

'Why couldn't it be me.' You thought as you tightened the grip on jeans shirt.

"We're home." He whispered as he helped you stand up, you and him having sat in each others arms the whole time.

He helped you off the air ship, and carried you to his room.