Everybody shocked.

Lena was working on a experiment in her. She was working peacefully until she heard a beeping noise, meaning that she had found the location of Lex and Lilian. Lena looked up from what she was doing and walked over to her device. She had someone get her jet ready and she flew to the location where Lex and Lilian would be.

(At the DEO)

"Kara, we got a notification of weapons in a basement at the Luthor mansion. " Alex said trough the coms.

"Ok. I'm on my way now. I'll keep you updated." Kara told her sister. She flew to the Luthor mansion. Once she arrived, she looked trying to find the basement her sister told her about. Once she found it she went inside quickly. She looked around, expecting to find a whole room of weapons but she didn't, instead the room was almost completely empty, apart from a small bed. She wondered why there was a bed in a basement when they had probably over 10 bedrooms that they didn't use.

She walked around the small room and saw a tiny form on the ground. She looked closer and could see that it was a child. She got closer and could make out it was a girl. She looked so small. Kara touched the girl arm to try and wake her up, it didn't work. The blonde then decided to pitch the child up and bring her to the DEO.

"Alex, get a bed ready. I found someone, she's unconscious or asleep I don't really know but she wouldn't wake up so I'm bringing her over." After she updated Alex she flew as fast as she could to get to the DEO and save this tiny human.

She quickly arrived and got to the medical center of the DEO. Soon Alex got in and began taking care of the girl. Kara watched from the window hoping the little girl would be okay. When Alex was done, she came outside and began informing her. "She should alright. Apart from being underweight, dehydrated and the bruises she has she should be alright." Alex told her sister. "Do you know who she is? Or why she was at the Luthor mansion?" She began asking, trying to make sense of the situation.

"I don't know who she is and why she was there. But can I see her?" Kara asked carefully. Alex nodded and Kara slid inside the room. She got situated next to the stranger's bed. She looked closely at the girl and felt a familiar feeling she couldn't place.

As the hours went by Kara had done a few more missions but after each missions she always returned to the girl's room.

It was six in the evening when Kara returned from her latest mission. She took place in the chair next to the bed again. She was looking at the girl when she heard her groan quietly. A few moments later she opened her eyes and looked around in panic. When her eyes found Kara's the tears started forming in her eyes. 

"Hey, it's alright. I'm not going to hurt you. You're safe here." Kara told the panicked girl in a soft voice. When the little girl didn't seem to calm down Kara thought it might help if she started a conversation. "I'm Kara. And you're at the DEO right now. Can you tell me the last thing you remember?" Kara asked softly. The girl shakes her head. "Do you know you're name?" She asked.

"Lori." The girl whispered after a moment of silence.

"Can you tell me how old you are?" The superhero asked. Lori held three fingers up, showing her how old she was. "Three? Wow, such a big girl!" She praised the little girl. Lori tried to hide her smile but she failed miserably. Kara told Lori a little more about herself and Lori grew more comfortable with Kara.

After about an hour Alex came walking in and Lori immediately tensed. "Oh, you're awake." Alex said with a smile. Lori  scrambled back and pushed herself as far as possible into the pillow.

"Can you give us a minute please?" Kara asked her sister as she saw how Lori reacted.  Alex nodded and stepped outside the room again. "Lori, it's okay. That was my sister. She isn't going to hurt you either. She just wants to do some test to see if you are alright." Kara assured her. Lori sat upright and looked a little calmer.

"Will you be here too?" Lori whispered, not really comfortable with other people yet.

"I will be here the whole time. I won't leave your side. I promise." She promised the scared little girl. Kara looked at the window where her sister stood and silently told her to come in.

Alex carefully got in and picked the stuff she needed to examine Lori. "Can I listen to your heart?" Alex asked making sure she doesn't get startled. Lori looked down nervously, not knowing what was going to happen as no one ever showed her. Alex noticed how the girl looked nervous. "You wanne listen to Kara's heart first, see how it works?" She suggested. Alex gave the stethoscope to Lori and helped her get it in the right position on Kara's chest. Lori's eyes widened in surprise and a little gasp left her mouth. She looked at Kara who smiled at her. She then looked back at Alex and gave her permission to use the stethoscope on her as well. After Alex did all the test she looked back at Kara and signed for her to go outside. "So she is fine, she just needs a shot and I want to keep her here overnight. Just to be sure." She told her sister. Kara nodded and looked inside the room.

"Okay, she's fine that's good. But keep her here overnight? Alex, she's already scared when there is someone in her room and who knows how long she has been in that basement, and you want her to be here, in the night all alone in that room?" She asked her sister concerned about the little girl in the room.

"I know, I know. But I just want to make sure she's alright." Alex defended herself.

"Alright." Kara agreed. She walked back in and kneeled in front of the girl. "Lori, Alex just said you're alright but you'll need a shot and she wants to keep you here just for one night." Kara told Lori carefully. Lori looked frightened at the news. She began to look from one side to the other and soon she was just shaking her head really fast. "Hey. Hey, it's okay. It will be alright." Kara said as she touched Lori's shoulders. The girl immediately calmed a bit under the blondes touch and looked her in the eyes.

"I have everything ready for her shot." She told them as she walked into the room. When Alex got situated at Lori's side, Lori began to reach out for Kara. "What is it, little one?" She asked when she noticed what the girl was doing.

"K-Kara." She said just loud enough for Alex to hear as she kept reaching out for Kara.

"I'm here. Remember I'm not going anywhere." She reassured the little girl. "What do you want? Do you need anything?" The blonde alien asked the little brunette.

"Can I- can I sit in your lap?" She asked the adult slightly scared for the reaction of the blonde.

"Of course! Come here." She said as she lifted the girl up and sat her down in her lap.

"Okay, are we all set?" Alex asked. Kara nodded and Alex began to clean the space where she would prick. Lori squeezed her eyes shut as she felt the needle pierce her skin. "Okay. We're all done. You did a good job!" Alex praised Lori after she cleaned everything up. Lori just snuggled into Kara and closed her eyes. Soon she was sound asleep after an eventful day. Kara lay her back on the bed to let her sleep.

It was almost midnight when Kara went home. She only went home after Alex literally forbid her to be at the DEO any longer. She kept her super-hearing focused on Lori to make sure she was alright.

Credits to gracewbx, thanks for the help!