Catching up

It's now been a few weeks since the day at the park. Lori is demanding that they go back there because she had so much fun. So of course neither Lena or Kara could deny her anything and went to the park again. They took some lunch with them and a blanket so that they could sit somewhere. As soon as they were done, Lori ran off to the playground. Both adults chuckled at her eagerness.

"So I was thinking, I should probably move back to my own appartement this weekend. You have things under control with Lori and I'm sure you two will by fine together." Kara said. Lena looked at her.

"No! I-I mean, n-no you don't have to. You know you're welcome to stay as long as you want." Lena told the blonde. Kara looked deep into Lena's piercing green eyes.

"Lena, I've been staying at your place for weeks now, you're a great mother, you don't need me anymore." The hero told her friend. Lena looked sad and tensed.

"I-I do Kara. I do need you you make my days brighter, you make me smile by just walking in the room, seeing you with Lori and you staying with us has brought me so much joy, I love you, I always have." Lena said with tears in her eyes. Kara looked at her, unable to form a proper sentence.

"I- Lena I-I love you too." She said eventually. Lena couldn't hold back any longer, she smashed her lips onto Kara's, pouring all her love and emotions in the kiss. Kara was shocked but quickly kissed back with the same amount of passion. They pulled back when the air in their lungs ran out, looking in each other's eyes. Just then they heard a loud scream. They quickly sought for the source and found Lori struggling in a man's grip. They stoop up as fast as they could and tried to get Lori out, but they weren't fast enough. By the time they were at the playground, Lori was already gone. Lena cried and she almost fell but Kara caught her in time. She held the brunette close, hugging her tight. She whispered sweet nothings in her ear, trying to calm her down. Kara took her home and they lay in bed, Lena still crying and Kara trying to calm her down.Kara had already texted Alex, saying Lori was kidnapped and that she and Lena would come as soon as they could.

(Time skip: the next morning)

After Lena cried herself to sleep last night Kara stayed awake, working through her own emotions. She got up early in the and started to search for Lori, focusing on any sound that belonged to her. She doesn't know how long she searched but she returned home without a clue. She changed and then checked up on Lena but found that she was still sleeping. She sighed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. She was eating calmly when she heard screaming from Lena's bedroom. She ran to it and saw Lena sitting up in bed looking around frantically while shouting Lori's name over and over again.

"Hey Lena, it's okay. It's just a nightmare. Look at me." Kara said. Lena, who was still stuck in her head, looked at Kara. "That's good, that's great. Okay now I need you to breath. In and out. That's it, you're doing so good." Kara coached. She slowly brought Lena to her chest.

"Lori?" Lena whispered. Kara sighed sadly and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, there's still nothing. But we are going to find her. The DEO is doing everything they can to find. I promise we will find her." The blonde reassured her. Lena cried softly against her chest. "We should go to the DEO soon, see if we can do something. Are you up for that yet?" She asked. Lena nodded and started to get up. Kara did the same and brought a sweater and some jeans for her. Lena went to the bathroom to change and came out in the clothes and her hair in a messy bun. Kara held her hand out and Lena took it. Together they made their way to the DEO.

"Oh you guys made it. That's great, we've been tracking her for the last few hours and her last known location was in a warehouse on the east side of the city." Alex said. Lena's head shot up at the mention of her daughter's location. Alex could see Lena's red eyes and and cheeks.

"That's great, so what's the plan?" Kara asked. She walked to desk, still holding Lena's hand.

"Kara you go in with a squad, it's just in and out. We are not beating anyone up, just focus on getting Lori and then get back here okay?" Alex warned. Kara nodded but felt Lena tense for an unknown reason. She brought the brunette in front of her and put her arms around her.

"It's okay, I'm going to get her back to you, she'll be here within a few hours." Kara murmured. Lena turned around and nuzzled into Kara's front, trying to hide from everything else.

"Alright I'll assemble a squad and then we'll head out." Alex said before walking away.

"Lena, I've got to go soon, but when I'm back Lori will be back, and we'll go to your penthouse and watch a movie and cuddle, how about that." She said. Lena nodded and hugged the blonde hero. Just then Alex came back in with a squad following her.

"We're ready to go." She announced. Kara nodded and slowly let go of Lena, giving her a kiss on her forehead before walking walking away and following Alex.