Bonding

"It's me Lori, I'm your mother..." Lena spoke up.

Lori's eyes snapped in Lena's direction. Lena held her breath and waited for Lori's reaction. To her surprise the little girl came up to her and hugged her.

"Hi." The girl said in a small voice. She looked up at Lena with the same green eyes.

"Hi sweet girl." Lena said with a smile. Lori was a great kid, she just hoped that she would be a good mother. Kara smiled at the two and when Lena looked in her eyes, she gave her a reassuring smile. The brunette looked back down at her daughter and admired her features. Lori in response snuggled into Lena's side to seek the comfort that she'd been denied of for years. The older Luthor tightened her grip on Lori, never wanting to let her go again. At first she was skeptical about the idea of a child living with her but after last night she wanted nothing more than to care for her daughter and spoil her with love.

"I'll set the plates away." Kara whispered, not wanting to disturb the moment. Lena nodded and turned her attention back to her little girl. After a while Lori began to get sleepy. Her eyes were heavy and she yawned, rubbing her eyes while fighting sleep.

"Let's get you to bed, baby." Lena whispered. She picked the little girl up and carried her to her room. She Lori on her bed, being careful not to disturb her. Once Lori was in the bed, Lena walked out of the room and back to the kitchen where Kara was doing the dishes. "Can I help?" She asked. Kara spun around to look at her.

"If you want you can dry them but it's fine, I can do it alone. You can start a movie if you want." Kara replied. She stopped before she started to ramble. Lena walked to the couch and picked a movie they could watch. Kara soon joined her on the couch and they watched the movie together. Before the movie finished Lena was fast asleep in Kara's lap. The blonde was stroking the Luthor's hair mindlessly while watching the movie.

(Time skip: the next day)

The next day Kara was the first to wake up. She went to Lori's room and woke her up. "Hi sweet girl, did you sleep well?" She asked. Lori looked up at kara and rubbed her eyes while nodding. "That's great. What do you think, should we go wake Lena up?" She asked with a smile. The little girl sat up and giggled. Kara took her in her arms and walked to Lena's room. She set Lori on the ground and leaned against the door frame while Lori waddled over to the bed. She climbed up and jumped on Lena.

"Wake up wake up wake up" Lori giggled. Kara could see a little smile that formed on Lena's lips but the brunette kept her eyes closed. Suddenly Lena hugged Lori close to her chest and kissed her forehead. Then she began tickling her. The little girl wiggled around in Lena's grip. The room was filled with her laughs and Kara adored the sight in front of her. When Lena stopped she let Lori calm down a bit.

"Hi darling, how'd you sleep?" Lena asked her daughter. Lori smiled, she felt loved. Kara looked somewhat surprised but she quickly gave the brunette a charming smile.

"Good!" Lori said happily. Lena smiled at how cute her daughter was. She looked at Kara, staring in the ocean blue eyes she loved.

"How did you sleep?" She asked Kara.

"It was good." She answered. "What about you?" The blonde asked in response.

"I slept great." Lena said calmly. She was looking at the superhero in front of her, looking at the way she's standing, how her hair was laying, the way her lips move when she talks. Lena's been in love with Kara since the day they met each other. She's just been too scared to tell her.

"Well I should probably start breakfast now." Kara said. She walked away leaving Lena and Lori alone in de bedroom.

"So what do you want to do today?" Lena asked. Lori looked up at her, thinking about her answer.

"Can we go to the park?" Lori asked her mother. Lena began fake thinking about saying no. Lori noticed this and gave Lena the cutest pout ever.

"Of course we can sweet girl." Lena told her. Lori grew a wide smile and jumped Lena, hugging her tight. Lena smiled just as wide and hugged her daughter back. "Why don't we go have some breakfast?" The older brunette proposed. Lori nodded her head, still clinging to Lena. They got out of bed and Lena placed Lori comfortably on her hip. They walked to the kitchen an saw Kara placing their plates with pancakes on the table.

"Oh hi you two, breakfast is served, I'm just going to clean the kitchen a bit and then I'll join you." Kara said. Lena nodded and put Lori down in the chair next to hers. They began eating their pancakes while waiting for Kara.

After she was done, Kara sat down in the chair opposite of Lori. The child was chewing away on her pancakes.

After they finished breakfast, Kara went to dress Lori and Lena went for a shower. After everyone was ready, they went to the park. When they arrived Lori began running around while Lena and Kara sat on a bench. They watched Lori as she ran around on the playground. At one point Lena began chasing Lori around, threatening to tickle her so of course Lori ran as fast as her little legs could carry her. Lena ended up catching Lori and tickling her for a few minutes before she hugged and Lori fell asleep in Lena's arms as she was exhausted after running around for hours. They went back to the apartment and watched another movie while playing with Lori.