Nightmares and cuddles

The movie soon ended and Kara brought Lori to bed. After, she went back to the living room and sat next to Lena. There was a moment of silence before Kara spoke. "I'm sorry, about Lori. I could see that you were disappointed even if you don't want to admit it." Kara said.

"It's fine, I mean who am I to her? She has known you a lot longer than she knows me." Lena said truthfully.

"Lena don't say that, you're her mother, you're important to her. She may not know it yet but she'll love, I'm sure of that." She reassured her best friend. Lena sighed and slumped back against the couch.

"I don't think I'm as sure as you are." Lena said sadly. "She's sweet though. For living with the Luthor's for three." The brunette told her friend, trying to lift the mood.

"You lived with the Luthor's and you turned out more than fine." Kara said, admiring Lena's personality. Lena was a bit stunned and they both stated at one other. They got lost in each other's eyes but Kara was pulled out when she heard Lori whimper.

"What is it?" The brunette asked when she noticed that Kara looked rather confused.

"It's Lori, I think she's having a nightmare." The hero said. She got up and quietly walked to Lori's room. She opened the door and walked over to Lori's bed, she crouched down and calmly tried to wake the little girl up. It took a few minutes but Lori eventually woke up and looked around frantically. "Hey, it's okay. It's okay... it was just a dream. Everything is alright." The blonde said in a soothing voice. The brunette girl calmed down a little bit tensed again when she saw a figure standing by the door. Kara noticed what she was looking at. "It's alright, that's just Lena. She's concerned about you too." The blonde assured her.

"She's right, darling." Lena told the girl gently with her accent being present. Lori's head snapped in Lena's direction. Lori didn't understand why the lady she met a few ago would be concerned about her. Lori looked at Kara again with a confused look on her face.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Kara asked. Lori was hesitant to answer and got closer to the blonde to whisper it.

"Why she care?" The girl whispered in her ear.

"Well sweetie, Lena is a really nice person who cares about the people she meets. We'll explain in the morning okay. Now you need to go to sleep, it's way past your bedtime baby." Kara said in a silly voice. Lori giggles and lays down again.

"Night Kara, night Lena." Lori whispered. Lena and Kara smiled as they walked back to the living room.

"Well I think I'm going to sleep too, I'll see you in morning right?" Kara asked.

"Of course. Goodnight Kara." Lena said with a smile.

"Goodnight Lena." The blonde said and returned the smile. She walked to the guest bedroom and got into bed.

(Time skip: middle of the night)

Around midnight, Lori woke up again. Scared because of her nightmare. This time there was no one in her room to calm her down so she got out of bed and walked to what she thought was Kara's room. She opened the door and stepped inside. The women on the bed who was previously on her phone looked up with a confused look on her face.

"Lori? What's wrong? Did something happen?" A voice with an Irish accent asked. Lori realized that she went to the wrong room and tears of tiredness and fright appeared in her eyes. Lena could see the tears building up. "Why don't you come here sweetheart? We can talk about if you want."she said gently. Lori hesitantly walked over to the side of the bed and tried to crawl up on it. Lena calmly helped Lori up and for her comfortable. "You want to talk about it?" She asked. The girl shook her head and the brunette nodded. "You want to try and sleep?" She asked instead. Lori nodded and they both lay down. The little girl subconsciously cuddled into Lena and let out a happy sigh.

The next morning when Kara wanted to wake Lori up, she walked into her room and saw that Lori wasn't there. She got a little anxious and started to search all over Lena's appartement. After searching the whole place twice she decided that she had to tell Lena that she lost Lori. The blonde walked into the Luthor's bedroom and tried waking her up when she saw a small body cuddles up to her best friend. She let out a relieved sigh and proceeded to walk out the room again, letting the two get some more sleep.

"Kara?" A raspy voice question. Kara was a bit startled but quickly recovered.

"Hi." The hero whispered sheepishly in order not to wake Lori up.

"What are you doing doing here?" Lena asked quietly.

"I thought I lost Lori when I couldn't find her anywhere so I came to tell you but she was here and I wanted to let you sleep some more but you woke up and I'm sorry, you can go back to sleep." The blonde rambled.

Lena smiled and shook her head softly. "It's alright, it's time to get up anyways. She came in here last night after she woke up again. She just looked so tired and frightened so I let her sleep here." The brunette explained. Kara nodded and went to Lori's side of the bed.

"Hey sweet girl, it's time to wake up." Kara said gently. Lori groaned and rubbed her eyes. After a while she opened them and made grabby hands at kara who in responds picked her up and carried her to the living room with Lena behind them. They made breakfast and then went to the living room to talk.

"Lori, we have something to tell you, we promise it's nothing bad. It's just important." Lena began. Kara took a deep breath and looked at Lena.

"Do you remember that we did some test a while ago?" Kara asked carefully. Lori nodded and Kara continued. "Well one of them was to see if we could find your parents, and we did find someone." The blonde hero said. Lori looked up.

"Is it you?" She asked hopefully. Lena felt a bit guilty that Lori had to live with her, she had no idea how to be a mother.

"No sweetie, it's not me. But you do know her." Kara said. Lori looked at her confused.

"It's me Lori, I'm your mother..." Lena spoke up.