New places.

Kara had texted Lena in the morning to see if she and Lori could stay with her for a few days. Lena had just texted back saying that they could stay in her apartment but that she probably wasn't going to be home for a few days.

When Kara arrived with Lori in her arms she opened the door of Lena's penthouse. Kara set Lori down so she could look around. However Lori had other plans. When Kara set her down she just clang to her leg not wanting to let go. When Kara felt little arms wrap around her leg she looked down and saw Lori hugging her leg. She picked her up and went to the couch. She set Lori down on the couch and crouched down to look her in the eyes. "Lori look at me. Good girl. It's okay to look around. Don't be scared. There is no one here, just us okay?" Kara assured the brunette child. When the girl didn't make a move the blue eyed women sighed. She thought for a second and held her hand out. Lori took her hand and jumped of the couch. Kara smiled and walked with Lori around the penthouse. As she opened a door of one of the guest rooms Lori's face lit up. She looked around as if it was the most extraordinary thing she had ever seen.  Which it probably was, seeing she spent her life in a basement. Kara heard Lori's stomach grumble, Kara then remembered that she totally forgot to get something to eat. Between texting Lena and calming Lori she forgot. "Lori when was the last time you ate?" Kara asked, being a bit scared of the answer.

Lori just shrugged her shoulders and looked down. "You can tell me, I won't get mad, I promise." The blonde said. Lori thought for second and then held up six fingers. Kara was absolutely shocked, the kid had to be hungry but still didn't say anything. "Honey, if you are hungry or you need anything you just tell me okay? You don't have to be scared, I won't ever get mad, I promise. Nothing and no one will ever hurt you." She told Lori softly. They went downstairs to see if there was any food. There wasn't anything in Lena's fridge (surprisingly) so she ordered takeout. She ordered potstickers for herself something light for Lori, seeing that she didn't eat in days. They ate their lunch and played a few games after that. The day went by quickly. They ate their dinner and not long after that Lori began falling asleep on the couch. Kara placed her in a bed in the guest room and went to the guest room next to that one.

She was working on an article when she heard little footsteps in the apartment. Kara went to see what it was and when she opened the door she saw Lori reaching for a glass. "Lori? What's going on. What are you doing?" Kara asked. The girl looked at her and Kara could see that she had been crying. She picked Lori up and placed her on her hip. She grabbed a glass and filled it with water. She gave the glass to Lori and brought them to the couch. "Will you tell me what happened." Lori just shook her head as the tears rolled down her cheeks. "Sweetie, I need to know what happened or else I can't help you." Lori just looked at her with tears in her eyes and a quivering lip. "Okay, I'll tell you what. We go to sleep and talk about it in the morning okay?" Kara proposed. When the girl nodded Kara headed back to Lori's room and got her to bed. She went to her own room and got under the covers. When Kara was about to fall asleep she heard a door open. She looked at the door to see a small figure closing it.

"Miss Kara? Are you awake?" Lori whispered in a small voice. Kara sat up in her bed and looked at the girl.

"I'm awake. What's wrong?" Kara asked. She was not sure why Lori was in her room.

"Can I- can I sleep here?" Lori asked a little scared of Kara's reaction. A million thought were running trough Lori's head. What if she gets mad and hits me? What if she throws me out? What if she doesn't let me eat? That were the reactions she was used to and thought that any adult reacted that way.

"Come here." Kara said.she felt Lori struggle to climb on the bed so Kara picked her up to put her more in the center. Kara felt her trembling probably because she was so scared. "Are you ready to tell me what's wrong yet?" Lori shook her head. Kara suppressed a sigh as Lori lay down. She began stroking Lori's hair and humming softly. Soon enough the little girl was asleep and snuggling into Kara's side. Kara carefully wrapped her arms around the girl's waist making sure not to wake her. She closed her eyes and then drifted of to sleep.

In the morning Lori was the first to wake up. She opened her eyes and looked around. She didn't recognize the room. She looked beside her and saw Kara. She scrambled away and accidentally fell out of bed. Kara woke up from the loud noise. She looked to where Lori fell asleep last night. She was a little bit panicked when she didn't found the brunette there. She heard a small sniffle and looked beside the bed. Lori was on the ground with a scared look on her face and tears in her eyes. "Oh. Sweetie what happened." She asked her.

"I-I fell because I didn't know where I was and I got s-scared and then fell." She said with a few sniffles in her sentence. Kara got out of bed and picked the girl up. She placed her in her lap and rubbed soothing circles on her back. Lori lay her head on Kara's chest and let the movement of the warm hand on her back soothe her.

"Can you tell me what happened last night? When you were in the kitchen and then here?" Kara asked after a few moments.

"I had a nightmare last night. A- about Lilian and Lex. That they found m-me again and that they were m-mean. And that- that they did all bad things and I got scared." She explained. Kara felt sorry for her. Growing up in that basement in Lilian's and Lex's care was terrible, she felt so guilty that she wasn't there for Lori when she needed her the most.

"I'm sorry but you're alright. I promise you will never have to go back there. I will always protect you. I will never let anyone hurt you." The blonde promised the little girl. Lori wrapped her legs around Kara's middle, her arms around her neck and buried her head in her chest while holding on like her life depended on it. "What do you want to do today. I took the day off so we can do anything." She felt lena shrug her shoulders. "You want to go shopping? So you can have some more clothes of your own." Kara proposed. Lena did need some stuff.

"Okay." Lori whispered quietly. They got ready, ate their breakfast and went shopping. They go into the first shop and make their way to the children's section.

"What do you think of this one?" Kara asked as she held up a pink dress. Lori looked at the dress and smiled a little. "Okay, that's good." Kara saw a pair of back jeans she held them up for Lori and a smile appeared on her face again. They picked out a few more outfits from that store and then they went to another one. After a few more shops and eating their lunch, Lori was getting tired and started strolling. They made their way back to the car and as soon as Lori's head hit the car seat Kara got her she fell asleep. Kara drove them back to the apartment and got everything inside. After everything was inside she picked Lori up and brought her into the penthouse. As Lori was napping Kara worked on a plan to paint her room to make it more childish.

A few outfits Lori chose (the other ones are a bit similar and some are more pink and girly

A few outfits Lori chose (the other ones are a bit similar and some are more pink and girly.)