CHAPTER FOUR

"Karlie?" I called through the seemingly empty house. The front door had been left open and when I rang the bell she didn't answer.

"Maybe she's not home?" Adam pointed out obviously. I glared at him, as we walked through the hallway of her mansion.

"KARLIE?!" I shouted a little louder this time.

"WHAT?!?!?" I heard her scream from upstairs. Well I think she's home guys.

"It's Taylor. I'm here to apologize." I called again. There was silence for a moment before her reply came echoing down the stairs.

"Fix me a prairie oyster and I'll think about it." She called lazily.

"A Prairie oyster... what's in that?" I turned to Adam for help.

"Worchester, hot sauce, salt, and pepper, Raw egg, Vinegar." He listed effortlessness heading into her kitchen to make it.

"Okay, here's my revenge: I'll drop a phlegm glob in her prairie oyster. She'll
never know!" I decided laughing a bit to myself. She'd never find out but I knew about it so that was enough for me.

"Y'know, you should get something stronger." Adam suggested pulling the cleaning products from under the sink out and placing them on the counter.

"Don't be stupid, that stuff will kill her." I laughed at his joke.

"Thus ending her hangover. I say we go with Drain cleaner." He said as he began pouring some into a mug.

"What are you doing? You can't just... You're not funny." I told him, shocked that he was joking about killing her. Yes she was a horrid person but she must have some good in her, she didn't deserve that.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Adam said holding his hands up in a surrender.

"Prairie oyster! Chop-chop." Karlie called from upstairs. I grabbed it from the counter and was about to take it up for her when Adam stopped me.

"Taylor you-" He started. I looked at him strangely.

"I, what?" I asked him confused. He shook his head and shrugged

"...Good luck." He said patting my back. That was kinda weird.

"Morning, Karlie." I said as I walked into her room. She looked like literal hell I had to admit.

"Taylor, quelle surprise. Well, let's get to it. Beg." Karlie said smirking

"Look, we both said things we didn't mean last night and-" I started before Karlie put her hand up stopping me.

"I'd actually prefer if you did this on your knees. In front of your boy toy here." Karlie stated simply pointing to the floor still smirking.

"Yeah. Anyhow, look, I'm really sorry-" I said awkwardly.

"Do I look like I'm kidding? Down." Karlie snapped her smirk fading from her face.

I knelt down awkwardly giving in (it was easier that way) and offering her the prairie oyster.

"Nice. But you're still dead to me." Karlie smirked taking a long, desperate, sip of the drink.

As soon as that blue liquid touched her lips her smirk faded, and she began to choke, the drain cleaner pouring out her mouth and onto her red top. Frantically, her hands shot up to her throat and I sat and watched in horror as she very quickly collapsed onto her bed. Dead.

"Holy crap!" Adam said shocked. I was just speechless, frozen looking at her body slouched over her bed. I snapped out of my frozen state as I looked urgently at Adam, who didn't seem overly phased by it.

"Don't just stand there, call 911!" I shouted quickly fumbling for my cell phone which i realised was still downstairs with the actual Prairie Oyster. Adam strolled over and put his fingers to her neck, checking for a pulse.

"It's a little late for that." he concluded calmly.

"KARLIE? KARLIE? WAKE UP! KARLIE?! Oh my god... I just killed my best friend!" I screamed running over and trying to shake her awake frantically, but she didn't budge, her blue stained lips didn't curl up into any form of smirk. She was certifiably dead.

"Oh my god I'm gonna go to jail." I realised suddenly looking desperately at Adam who just shrugged walking over to Karlie's bedside table.

"She was reading The Bell Jar. I know you can fake her handwriting. Just make her sound deep, like this" Adam said calmly sitting down on the bed next to me and Karlie's corpse like nothing was wrong.

"I have paid in my path, Like Sylvia Plath, my problems were myriad." Adam started flashing me a grin. I just stared back at him hopelessly, Karlie's body still in my hands. I looked down at the stained face of my best friend before sighing.

"Okay... Karlie would never use the word 'myriad' okay? She missed it on her
vocabulary quiz." I pointed out slowly. If i was gonna do this, I was gonna do it right. Karlie was a bitch, but I never wanted this to happen to her.

"Fine. Then you think about what she would say. You knew her. What would be her final words to a cold world?" Adam said handing me the paper and pen. I'd seen Karlie's handwriting enough times to forge it and I had found I was rather good at copying handwriting anyway. I came up with a believable letter and placed it on her copy of The Bell Jar, placing the mug on its side next to her hand, before taking Adam's outstretched hand and leaving her to be found. Which didn't take long...

(A/N I think he did it but I just can't prove it...)