CHAPTER TEN

The next day at school, me and Olivia tried our very best to avoid both Adam and Katy. Olivia sat with Joe and I at the lunch table, and it was honestly the most normal lunch i've had since before I met Karlie. I'd been spending, more and more time with Joe, he was the only person that made me feel like I could be myself, and I was so happy when I was with him.

"Hey, guys! Missed you after 2nd period." Katy said sitting down opposite us, right next to Joe. She took one look at him and rolled her eyes, I glared at her, suddenly becoming protective of Joe, for a reason I didn't know. 

"Yeah, we were avoiding you." I told her straight. She gave me an overly fake smile.

"What you did to me sucked." Olivia said to her clearly hurt.

"Fine. Skip the foreplay, sign this."  Katy said simply, slamming a piece of paper down onto the lunch table, causing Joe to jump.

"What is it?" Joe asked, Katy gave him a sweet smile, inching closer to Joe, and placing a hand on his chest, and her other hand went to his hair. Honestly it made me feel very sick. I wanted to slap her hand right off him. I was the only person Joe let touch his hair. He grabbed her hand off his hair and placed it away from him, his face showed that he was finding the whole situation very awkward. Katy gave me a evil grin. Honestly can this girl just go away and leave us alone.

"It's a petition to have MTV throw a spring break blowout in Westerberg in order to raise suicide awareness. I got everybody to sign. I'm going to make an inspirational speech about it at the pep rally tonight." Katy smiled up at Joe who gave her a half hearted smile back.

"Ugh. Count me out." I groaned.

"Taylor, I'm not sure why? It was your boyfriend's idea. He made up the signature sheet and everything." Katy replied, cluelessly.

"Look, I don't know what Adam's up to but if you know what's good for you, you'll
throw that clipboard away."  I told her seriously, reaching for the paper, which she snatched back.

"Not a chance. I'll just fake your signature like I did with all the others who refused." Katy shrugged, blowing a kiss as she left the cafeteria. 

The rest of the day was a blur. I took the long way home for no reason whatsoever. Karlie also walked with me.

"Come join me in hell Taylor." she said as I walked up to my house. I ignored her again, and walked into my parents who were stood at the door, concerned looks on their faces.

"Where have you been? We've been worried sick! Your friend Calvin stopped by. He told us everything." My mom said frantically. All the colour drained from my face as I looked at her.

"Everything?" I repeated, breathlessly.

"Your depression? Your thoughts of suicide? He even showed us your copy of Moby Dick." My Dad chimed in. What? Thoughts of suicide, what did Adam tell them?

"Looks like he's not the only one who can forge people's handwriting." Karlie chimed in from behind me.

"Please, honey. Talk to us! I know it all seems impossibly dramatic. Your problems seem like life and death. I promise, they're not." My mom said desperately. I couldn't focus on anything.

"Guess who's right down the block Taylor!" Karlie said sweetly. Oh great, Adam.

"Mom i'm fine." I told my mom calmly, giving her a quick hug as I squeezed past my parents and up to my room. I peered out the window to see Adam, climbing my drain pipe, frantically I locked myself in my closet.

"Knock! Knock! Sorry for coming in through the window. Dreadful etiquette, I know!" Adam said, climbing through the window.

"Get out of my house!" I told him quickly from inside the closet.

"Hiding in the closet? Come on, unlock the door."

"I'll scream and my parents will call the police!"

All is forgiven, baby! Come out and get dressed, you're my date to the pep rally tonight! Our classmates thought they were signing a petition, but you should come see what they really signed. I've made a bomb. Soon the whole of our school will be dust. I need you there with me. Taylor, please I can't do it without you." Adam pleaded through the door.

"Taylor open the door please, just open the door. Can we not fight anymore, please. I know you're scared, but it'll be okay, I promise! Please don't make me come in there, I'm gonna count to three. One, Two, Three-" Adam kicked the closet door open causing it to break off its hinges, and saw a sight he would never forget for his whole life. His girlfriend hanging by the neck from a noose, attached to the bar of the closet.

"Oh my God... No! Taylor- Please don't leave me alone, you were all I could trust, I can't do this alone, but if i must, I will." He said quietly, not even shedding a single tear. He was too driven by the task he had to do.

(A/N 😭😭😭😭 Next chapter is the final chapter guys-)