CHAPTER EIGHT

Dear Diary,
I woke up today with an awful headache, it which isn't helping with the rest of the car crash that is my life right now. Plus I think I'm going crazy. I keep seeing Karlie's face everywhere I go and sometimes I ever hear her talking to me, like she's not buried six feet under in the cemetery. I never thought I'd say this but I miss her. I miss her so so much.

As I put my diary by the side of my bed, there she was again. Sat on the windowsill, still in the crimson red dress she died in, the same one from the party, wearing her usual smirk she always wore.

"Oh, don't give me that wounded look. You know exactly what he's doing to you and you love it. But does he love you? He says he loves you, but have you seen how he acts? What does he do for you? He just uses you. Uses you for his sick murder games. And I think you know that." Karlie said calmly, her legs swinging out my window like she had no care in the world. Well why would she, she's dead.

"Just stop talking." I told her sternly. She just shook her head, the smirk playing on her lips.

"Only a true dead best friend would give it to you straight. He doesn't love you Taylor. He doesn't love you and he never did." Karlie teased, as she let out a proper laugh. I could feel the tears prickling my eyes as I shook my head. I knew deep down she was right. She was so right.

I ignored her and stormed out of my room, grabbing my phone and calling the only person I knew I could still trust. Joe. He picked up almost immediately.

"Hey Joe? Can I please come round." I said with difficulty as I tried to hold back the tears that were very close to spilling out. He must have heard the hurt in my voice cause he immediately agreed.

I showed up on his doorstep now fully crying, hot tears flooding down my face. He let me in immediately, leading me to the couch in his sitting room. He'd already made me a hot chocolate ready for when I came and my favourite biscuits were by the side of the cup.

I didn't know what I'd do without Joe. I curled up into his arms, and he just held me. Didn't ask what was wrong, didn't try to look at my face, didn't try and pull away. All he did was wrapped me up in his arms and held on tight, like he would never let me go.

"Why didn't he love me Joe?" I asked him suddenly.

"I loved him so so so much. Why didn't he love me?" I began sobbing uncontrollably again, as Joe held me even tighter.

"Taylor. I love you. And I'm so so so sorry I wasn't there before. But I love you." Joe replied kindly stroking my hair. I knew he was fighting back tears as well, I could hear it in his voice.

He let me stay over even got me a blanket so I could sleep, and gave up his bed for me and slept on the sofa.

I woke up the next morning, feeling a lot happier, and even better Karlie wasn't there to tell me what a terrible person I am.

Joe was already awake and making us both breakfast which was DELICIOUS (My favourite- pancakes)

"Do you wanna watch a film? I'll let you pick, cause you were sad." Joe said laughing. I laughed a genuine laugh as I nodded, immediately running to the movie cabinet to choose the best one in my opinion, Mean Girls. Proper chick flick, not that Joe doesn't love it too.

I spent the whole day just with Joe, watching movie after movie and for a moment he managed to make me forget everything that was going on in my life right now. At about 6pm that night I went home waving goodbye to Joe as I set off back to my place.

I shut the front door, collapsing against it. Realising my parents weren't home yet, I put on some music and began to make cookies for no reason whatsoever.

My phone started ringing and looking down I saw it was Olivia. I answered putting putting her on speaker as I put the cookies in the oven.

"Taylor, I need your help." her voice came through the phone.

"Sure, what?" I shrugged picking my phone up and carrying it with me into the lounge.

"Something doesn't add up. I think Harry and Tom were murdered." Olivia said nervously through the phone. I froze.

"Why would you think that?" I said suddenly, trying to sound as natural as I possibly could. I noticed Karlie sat on the couch opposite me, her usual smirk on her lips.

"Well looks like Nancy's Drew's onto you Tay Tay" Karlie laughed crossing her legs.

"I don't know?! I just don't know why they would kill themselves, I knew Harry." Olivia said she sounded confused. Damn this girl was smart.

"Who would wanna kill Tom and Harry?" I said slowly, again trying to sound natural, and not too desperate.

"Well, I was thinking your boyfriend Calvin. You remember the way he went after them in the lunchroom!" Olivia said urgently. Okay she was too smart. She was completely onto him. I knew if she said anything he'd kill her too. I just knew he would.

"Enjoy prison food murderer" Karlie said, laughing again. I glared at her which just made her laugh more.

"I want to look in Calvin's locker, I was hoping you could give me the combination." Olivia continued through the phone

"Well, I'll bet they'd find all kinds of interesting things in that locker. Maybe some "Ich Luge" bullets?" Karlie smiled.

"Liv, this is a pretty wild theory." I said carefully.

"At the funeral it said they killed themselves because they were gay and it was too hard for them to live in a disapproving world, but how can they be gay when Harry refused to leave me alone." Olivia protested. Of course she was right, it didn't make sense. But why would it, it was made up.

"Tick Tock time to spill Tay Tay. Are you gonna tell her? Or are you going to wait until you're behind bars to tell her?" Karlie said annoyingly.

"Stop it!" I said to her annoyed, glaring at her again.

"Stop what? Taylor, what's wrong with you?" Olivia said from the other side of the phone.

"No nothing, I'm fine, my brother was just annoying me, ignore me. Seriously Liv, I think you're looking to much into it. Adam wouldn't do something like that, I know." I lied, hoping she'd believe me.

"Okay fine, I trust you but I still don't understand. But thanks for your help Tay."

"No problem, see you tomorrow Liv" I said hanging up the phone and letting out a sigh of relief. Karlie started clapping from her seat on the couch, I looked up at her, as she continued to clap in an antagonising way.

"Well, Well, Well, Taylor. I wonder how Adam's gonna feel when Olivia messes with his plans. Better get ready, cause if you're not careful she'll be joining me soon." Karlie laughed giving me a wickedly evil grin.

(A/N awwwww I love this chapter. Mostly cause Calcium Hydroxide isn't in it and Joe and Taylor are friendship goalssss)