|The Years Passed By And Now I Am The Center Of The Story|

Tommy and Tubbo have grown up over the years. And now, they're sixteen and starting a nation with their Uncle Wilbur and Cousin Fundy. And now, they're the center of the story. And this is truly when everything really went downhill. (Author speaking. I'll be going on break from writing since I'll be on vacation with family. As soon as I'm able to write again, I will. I'll still be able to read but not write. I hope you lovelies understand.)

Tommy and Tubbo looked at each other, a look of worry in their eyes. They were worried about what would happen to the other. The twins wouldn't be able to live without each other. At least, that's what they convinced themselves to believe. There was always a constant question lingering in the air about their family that everyone left unanswered. Everyone else knew the answer, so why wouldn't they tell the twins? The twins just wanted to know about their mother. They just wanted to know why she wasn't there for them during their childhood. Tubbo always just stuck with the simple suspicion that she left us on her own will and went to start a new life somewhere else. In all honesty, Tubbo tried to hate their mother as much as possible so that way if his hunch about why she wasn't in their lives were to be true, he wouldn't feel bad about himself and question why they weren't good enough for their mother to stay. Tommy on the other hand just couldn't ever force himself to believe that their mother had abandoned them on her own free will. Maybe she was a wanted criminal who truly loved them but couldn't raise them because of fear of them dying for her actions. Or maybe she was a traveler who never would've have been able to raise them and it was better for them if she left them with someone else. Or maybe she had died. Maybe she had died when they were to young to remember and that's why she had left them behind. Tommy didn't care how tragic the excuse was, he just wanted his mother to have a good excuse for leaving them. 

Tommy took a deep breath in, moving his hand up to the discs that hung from his necklace. Cat and Mellohi. He has a memory of when he first brought the discs home. His dad had cried. His dad had said something along the lines of, 'She had planned on looking for these discs so she could listen to them with you.' Tommy had always liked to assume it was his mother that his dad was talking about but he would never be sure. Tommy loved to believe that these discs helped him have a closer connection with his mother. 

But he couldn't think about any of that right now. He had to help finish this fight for independence alongside his family. He grabbed Tubbo's hand and squeezed it, trying to ensure his brother that everything would be alright. Tubbo looked at Tommy and squeezed Tommy's hand back. Tubbo could practically sense his own brother's panic. It's quite ironic really. Tommy trying to comfort Tubbo when Tommy actually needs the comforting more. Tubbo took in a breath of air, hoping it wouldn't be one of his last.

"Let's go, Tommy. Let's go win our independence."

Tubbo let go of Tommy's hand and gave his brother a smile. Tommy returned the smile and ran after Wilbur. It was time they won this fight. Once and for all.

And so they followed Eret. They trusted the man. The man led them all to the final control room, all of them believing that this was how they would win. They believed that Eret had secured their win. They trusted him. They trusted him with their lives.

Tommy scrunched up his eyebrows, looking around the room. He found everything quite odd in the room. Everything always seemed odd to him. The chests looked like the wrong color, the room seemed to spin, and Tommy could've sworn that there were red strings that led to different areas on everyone's body. One went through Wilbur's neck, one went through Fundy's abdomen, one went through Tubbo's head, and one went through his very own heart. It's strange. He didn't see these strings earlier today when they were hanging out with Jack and Niki. He squinted at Eret, anxiety crawling through his veins when he realized Eret didn't have one of the red strings making a vital blow on his body. Why was he anxious? They could trust Eret.

Tommy fiddled with his fingers as he listened to everyone talk. He looked around again. Everything seemed to be fine. Although, was it just him or did some of the obsidian look like it was out of place? Tommy looked down at the button on the ground, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Hey, what does this button do?"

Tommy gently pressed the button and before he knew it, everything went to hell. Eret put a crown on his head and walked over to part of the obsidian wall that seemed to be moving. Eret gave a grin at everyone and said something along the lines of, "It was never meant to be," but Tommy wasn't focusing on that. Every noise seemed to become amplified and Tommy felt like his head might split in two. His blood-red wings ruffled up in annoyance and fear. Why was everything becoming like this? Seemingly out of instinct, Tommy sidestepped out of the way of George's sword. It went through somebody else instead. That's what was happening. Eret had betrayed them. Tommy could hear himself screaming at Eret, getting as much volume as possible but he didn't even know what he was yelling at the traitor. 

He looked around and saw the horror surrounding him. Blood was gushing out of Wilbur's neck, blood was pooling around the limp Fundy, and it horrified him at what he saw of Tubbo. His brother had a sword stuck right in the middle of his eyebrows, his eyes were bloodshot. And yet, the ram was still wearing a smile on his face. The sight sickened Tommy. He had just wanted a free nation with his family. And this was what they get? Everyone being brutally murdered, their first lives taken away so gruesomely? Tommy could feel the tears pooling up in his eyes. Tommy looked ever so slightly to his left before he felt something go through his heart. He looked down and saw an arrow. One that had followed the same red line he had saw only moments before. Tommy looked up to see the white porcelain mask he had grown to hate so much. And then everything blacked out.

When Tommy felt his eyes fluttering open after loosing his first life, he expected to wake up in his bed feeling rested and ready for battle once more. What he did not expect was to be standing beside this seemingly thirty-foot tall woman with brown, curly hair flowing down her back. Tommy realized she was wearing clothing akin to the fancy clothing you would see at funerals. He didn't know why, but he felt calm around the woman. She seemed like a familiar figure. He could feel the woman's motherly gaze on him and he lightly smiled. The woman had said nothing but he felt like she cared. Tommy felt shocked when she started to speak.

"To lose the first life in such a despairing way. It truly is beautiful. The lessons that are learned, the trust that is taken or earned. You boys have been doing so well. I'm proud of Wilbur. I can't believe my son has come this far. Though, it pains me to see my family losing their first lives at all."

He can see the woman turn around and crouch down to be at his eye level. A smile seems to be on her face as she looks at Tommy.

"I suspected that you might have one of my abilities of seeing death before it happens. You are my grandson after all. Your mother didn't have the exact power but she had one of the many deathly powers I posses. Even though she can not watch your's and Tubbo's life, she is ever so proud of you. She's proud of her sons and she's sorry she had to leave them so early."

The woman stood tall once more. Tommy wanted to call a cry of protest, wanting to ask the woman more questions about his mother. He wanted to ask who she was and why she had left them but the woman just smiled at him.

"Back you go, Red Crow. There will be plenty of time to talk with me again. You just have to wait."

And then Tommy was awake, there in his own bed.