Saruman

We were traveling in the forest. Shivers of fear came up to my spine as we saw Isengard.

 Then I heard familiar laughs. "It's good. Definitely from the Shire. Longbottom leaf ?"Merry's unmistakable voice said. 

"I feel like I am back at the Green dragon"Pippin hummed. "Hmm. Green dragon"Merry said approvingly. "A mug of ale in my hand putting my feet up on a settle after a hard days work"Pippin sighed.

 "Only you're never done a hard days work"Merry teased making them laugh. Hearing their happy voices calmed me down. We finally approached them.

 "Welcome our beautiful lady and not so beautiful Lords to Isengard"Merry said making me chuckle. "You young rascals! A merry chase you have led us on and now we find you feasting and-and smoking"Gimli huffed. 

"We are sitting on the field of victory enjoying a few well earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good"Pippin said. "Salted pork?"Gimli asked surprised. 

"Hobbits"Gandalf grumbled. "Lighten up", I smiled at him. He just winked.

 "We are under orders from Treebeard who's taken over management of Isengard"Merry explained. I smiled and went over to Pippin and stuck my hand to him pulling him up Aragorn did same to Merry. "I'm sorry"Pippin sighed. 'For what?" "For Boromir. He died for us"he sadly said. 

"Worry not. He is watching us. And is proud of how far we are already"I smiled softly my eyes clouding with tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We approached Orthane the tower in Isengard. "Young Gandalf I'm glad you have come. Wood, stock and stone I can master, but there is a wizard to manage here locked him his tower"Treebeard said. 

"Show yourself"Aragorn said quietly looking up. "Be careful Saruman is dangerous"Gandalf informed. "Then let's just have his head and be done with it"muttered the happiest dwarf in middle-earth. Yet I agreed.

"No we need him to talk"Gandalf said.

 Then Saruman came. "You have fought many wars and slain many men Theoden King and made peace afterwards"he said to Theoden. "Can we not take council together as we once did my old friend? Can we not have peace? You and I?"his false kindness made me disgusted. "We shall have peace"Theoden said.

 "We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the westfold and the children that lie dead there. We shall have peace when the lives of the soldier whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg are avenged. When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows..we shall have peace"he spat every word like venom.

 "Gibbets and crows? Dotard?"Saruman spat. "What do you Gandalf Greyhame? Let me guess the key of Orthane or perhaps the hey of Barad-dur itself along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rod of the five wizards" My blood boiled hotter and hotter as he continued to speak.

"Your treachary has already cost many lives. Thousands more are now a risk but you could save them Saruman. You were deep in enemys counsil"Gandalf said. Saruman then grins madly. "So you have come here for information. I have same for you"he suddenly pulls out glowing orb. Palantir. Staring at it. 

"Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth something you have failed to see. But the Great eye has seen it. Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon."he told. Gandalf moved forward. "You are all going to die. But you know this don't you Gandalf?"Saruman asked. "You cannot think this ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile crept from shadows will never be crowned king. Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him those he professes to love. Tell me...what words of comfort did you give the halfling before you sent him to this doom "Saruman said. I fumed. 

"And that little sun. What lies have you told her. She will burn sooner or later and she will let it all burn. She is cursed monster. You cannot think she will ever get to be with this ranger! But if she joins me she can become the Queen of Mordor. Control the fire and be the fire. "he continued. 

"You can shove those thoughts up to your-"but Aragorn put his hand over my mouth. I glared at him."Shoot him! Stick an arrow in his gob"Gimli said turning to Legolas. Legolas reached for his quiver. "No come down Saruman and your life will be spared"Gandalf said. 

"Save your pity and mercy! I have no use for it!"Saruman shouted throwing a ball of fire to Gandalf. When the flames died Gandalf and Shadowfax were both unharmed.

 Gandalf looked at Saruman. "Saruman your staff is broken"he told. From behind Saruman came Grima Wormtongue. "Grima you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once man of Rohan. Come down"Theoden said. 

Grima nodded bowing. "A man of Rohan? What is the house of Rohan but attatched burn where brigands drink in the meek and rats roll the floor with dogs? Victory of Helm's Deep does not belong to you Theoden horsemaster! You are a lesser son of greater sires"Saruman said stopping Grima."Grima come down. Be free of him"Theoden said ignoring Saruman. 

"Free? He will never be free"Saruman told. "No"Grima said. "Get down cur!"Saruman snapped slapping Grima making him fall. "Saruman you were deep in enemy's council. Tell us what you know"Gandalf engouraged. Grima took out a dagger. "You withdraw your guard and I will tell you where you doom will be decided"Saruman said. Grima lunged to him. 

"I will not be a prisoner here"Grima stabbed Saruman twice. Legolas shot Grima killing him. Everyone was silent for a moment. "Send word to all our allies and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike"Gandalf said. Sarumans body slid in the water.

 I dozed of thinking his words. 'She will burn sooner or later' 'cursed monster' I came to my senses as I noticed Pippin had jumped of from the horse for Palantir only it to be given to Gandalf. When will the monster wake?