I counted everyday you were gone

I looked at the flowers. My favorites are firelilies. "My Lady the hobbits and Estel have come"Lindir said appearing from behind me. 

"Thank you Lindir"I said. "Wait! One more thing. I'm Sonja ,not Your Lady" he smiled at me and left. This was not our first encounter about the formality matter. 

I breathed in and out deeply. This is it. I need to face him.After many years of quiet life. I straightened my dress (pic) And started walk towards the hall. My heart was beating so fast, I felt like I was about to faint. When I reached the hall I took a last deep breath. 

"Hello, my dear friends"I said to Gandalf and the others, making my voice to be like a purr again. Then I was tackled on the ground by two hobbits. "It's nice to see you two too"I told them chuckling, stroking their curly lil heads.  Merry and Pip had eye for michief. And I have to admit I found their stories funny. Can you blame me they told them with such enthusiasm.

 I walked over to Sam and hugged him. "It's nice to see you Samwise Gamgee"I told him. Then I kissed his cheek making his cheeks turn red. I giggled softly.

 "Sonja I think you forgot someone"Gandalf said. I looked at him warningly. I turned around to face Aragorn. He looked at me for long his mouth slightly open. "Mil?"he whispered taking a step towards me. "It was you. You saved Frodo"he stated more than asked. I nodded.

 "Wait you know each other?"Pippin asked. "Better than you can even think"I answered with out taking my eyes off of Aragorns. "Let's give them some privacy"Elrond said shooing all the others out. "Estel"I whispered my eyes teary. I stated to tremble violently. What if he hated me? What if he didn't wanna see me ever again?I left him.

 He noticed something was wrong from my body language. "Hey hey What's wrong Mil?"he asked taking me inside his arms. "D-do yo-you hate me?"I sobbed letting the tears fall first time in twenty-two years. "Never once have I hated you and never will I hate you. I was angered yes, but I was also so scared. Over twenty years and nothing have I heard of you"he explained  rubbing my back. I buried my face to his chest. "I missed you so much"I whispered. Being in his arms eased me. If I just could be in here every beat of my heart"You have no idea.."he said quietly burying his face to my hair.

 I pulled away a little. Then something shone on his neck. My necklace. "You kept it"I whispered looking at the sun necklace. "Never taken it off. But you take it back"he said taking it of open palmed trying to give it back. "No I don't take it"I said. "You gave your bracelet to Frodo you need something to give you more energy, and keep you in sunlight or you know what will happen"he urged.

 "No I gave it to you to protect you. I can't take it back and only I can give it away not you"I said sharply. My eyes narrowed."What do you mean?"he asked. 

Dear Eru did he hit his head? "Think it this way. It is like my heart. No one else can give it and when I give it I can't take it back. Hold it like you would hold my heart, "I said looking at his eyes."What if I break it?", he asks looking cautios. "You can't break something that's already broken Aragorn", I whisper , and I was not talking about my necklace.

He smiled softly kissing my forehead. "I really missed you"he whispered. "Yeah and how long did you miss me then, when you saw me and decided you should not anger me?"I jokingly asked. But his answer surprised me. "22 years 78 days in total 8113 days"he said. "How did ya..."

 "I counted everyday you were gone, how long you have been gone"he whispered. I hugged him tight. "Now you don't need to count. I'm here and not leaving soon"I softly whispered. "Like I would let you go"he whispered more to himself.