001

Chapter 1: A little pretty

{L.A.M}

I always loved my parents as a kid, I didn't need a house to have a home. They were my home, my joy, my happiness. But I lost all of that, I lost them. My mom, Fayra Medina, died when I was two years old, a muggle sickness called breast cancer took her from us. My dad, Alaric Johnson, was having a really hard time grieving and raising me at same time.

When I was seven years old, my dad and I were on our way to my grandparents. They lived on the other side of London, in the same house that I live in now. You see, we had a car accident. My dad was badly injured and died a week later in the hospital. My grandparents took me in and educated me on my history. My family history.

My grandmother is a witch and my grandfather a muggle. They met back in the days after my grandmother graduated from Hogwarts. Most wizards would be dissapointed if their child turned out to be a muggle, but my grandmother only loved my mother more for it. She always told me it reminded her of her husband, my grandfather.

I always imagined what is way like to go to a muggle highschool, but when I heard what it was like from people my age that lived near me, I felt happy that I didn't have to go there.

When Davina and I met, Hogwarts started to feel like a second home to me. The elves, the food, the magical creatures.

Right now I am packing my stuff to go back to school. I already packed most of my belongings I would need over the past days, but of course I forgot some things. "Lexi! Hurry up we have to leave if we want to be on time with your grandpa's driving skills!" My Grandma Althea called, or her full name, Althea Amirah Medina. She got her last name when she married my grandfather, I got my second name from her. "Hey! My driving is perfectly fine!" He corrected.

My grandpa's name is Matteo Medina, or as my grandma likes to call him, asshole.

"I will be down in a minute! Hold on!" I called back. I put the ast few things in my trunk and grabbed my cat, Hailey. I know, a lot of names.

-

"Isn't Davina coming with us this year?" My grandfather asked. "No, she wanted some extra time with her adoptive parents. I will see her at Kings Cross." My grandpa nodded and kept driving, but not without some bickering with his wife. 

The drive was long, I stared out the window for most of the time. Hailey was spinning in my lap, practically asleep. "Are you excited for this year Lex?" My grandma asked. 

"The only thing am looking forward too is seeing Davina every day. Most of the other people don't like me." I said just hard enough for them to hear me. "Well maybe that is because sometimes you can give the impression that you are... a bit... mean?"

"Matteo! Don't say that! Lexi is the sweetest person I have ever known!" His wife argued.

"To us she is." 

I ignored the rest of their conversation knowing I could indeed be a tad mean sometimes, and went back to appriciating the beautiful nature surrounding the car.

After a long while we got to Kings Cross. We walked through the crowd, looking for Davina and her adoptive parents. Davina was lucky she was adopted by wizards, she didn't have any other family like me to take her in. 

The wizards that had taken her in when she was nine were really nice. It was funny, Davina has black hair, and her adoptive parents both have ginger hair. This caused quite the confusion for some people. 

I looked around me, searching for two tall gingers and a short black haired girl. After a while I found them next to platform 9 3/4 and dragged my grandparents with me. "Davina!" I yelled. She turned around and pulled me into a firm hug. 

"My favourite Hufflepuff, long time no see." She joked. "Yes indeed, one day is indeed really long." My grandpa sighed. "It was a joke Matteo, even I knew that." My grandma spoke.

"I am not as smart as I used to be Althea!" And with that their bickering went on. 

After a while we both said goodbye to everyone and stepped onto the train. We looked for an empty compartment and sat down. We waved through the window one last time and the train took off, to school, to another year, which hopefully would go alright.

-

Dumbledore had given his yearly speech and announced some new things. 

After dinner we found out none of the Hufflepuffs had forgotten about their traditional back to school party. Davina and I had decided to check it out, but nothing more. 

As usual, make outs in the corners, booze by the door to the dorms, and the couch filled with the more popular Hufflepuffs. We both decided to leave after not even ten minutes. Party's were fun, but not with this many people you knew. If most of them were practically strangers, you could do what you wanted without getting embarresed. 

We spend our night in our dorm, talking. I liked deep conversations, if I wanted to I could spend hours talking and listening to someone without getting bored of them. So that is what we did.

And I don't remember the exact moment I fell asleep, but I am pretty sure I will wake up next to a snoring Davina. 

Every time I had a deep conversation with Davina I would fall asleep before she did. She would wait if I would wake up again but while doing so, she would fall asleep next to me.

And that is exactly what happend, around three AM I woke up with the need to drink someting.

I got to the bathroom that every dorm had and put my mouth under the tap. Some of it spilled on my cheek and the cold water ran along my neck and chest. "Merlin!" I spat out, not thinking about my sleeping roommates.

"Oy! What in Merlins name are you doing!" One of the girls yelled. Davina just laughed, probably because I yelled Merlin, and then the girl said what in Merlins name- you get the point. "Sorry." I whispered as I walked back to my warm bed. "It's okay, maybe not so loud next time." The girl responded.

Davina smiled at me and the looked way too happy for this time of the night. "Get that smirk off your face. She never liked me, she won't change her mind and be friends with me all of a sudden. And besides, you are the only friend I need to be happy." I whispered to the girl that was still half asleep in my bed.

"Yes I am." And with that we both drifted back to sleep.

-

I woke up from the sunrise coming through the window. One of our dormmates had spelled the curtains last year, so they would open and the sun would wake us up to prevent us from getting late for breakfast.

"Morning Lexi and people who's name I keep forgetting! It's a beautiful day, so get your arse out of bed everyone." Davina said way too exited.

"Davina, shush, and let me wake up in peace and quiet." One of the girl laughed. "Right, sorry." I put on my robes and brushed my hair. After that I drank some water and brushed my teeth.

Authors note -->

Authors note -->

First chapter! No Marauders introduced yet, but have some patience love.
:)

Word count: 1324