018

Chapter 18: Blue

{L.A.M}

It is when I am in my bed later that night that I realise something. It is December, which means that it has been another year since the day my parents died in that car accident. In two days actually, december 12th.

-

December 12th

When I wake up Davina is already besides my bed. "Move over." She says. "You remember?" I ask, and she nods. "I know I have been a little distant, and I am sorry, but I'm here for you." She hugs me and I instantly feel better."Can you distract me?" I ask her.

"Sure. So tell me, what's up with you and James?" She asks. "You have noticed?"

"I may have been a little absent during the days and we didn't speak much unless we were in here, but I am not blind Lexi. I see the longing stares you give each other when the other person isn't looking." She states. I pull away from her hug and sigh.

"I like him, I really do. But he wants to do everything so fast. He said he wants everyone to know I'm his as soon as possible but that he would wait for me until I'm ready, but then he acts like he's already my boyfriend and we haven't even been on a date yet." I say, sounding stressed.

"So tell him that, be honest. He will understand."

"But,"

"No, no 'but'. Go."

"Now?"

"Yes, now." I try to protest but she is already snooping through my clothes. "Here put this on." I don't fight her on this one, she has taste. She gives me one last hug before I go and search for James. "Are you okay though? We can do something after classes." She sounds concerned.

"Yes, I'm fine. See you in class." I lie.

I run off before she can see I am lying to her and Sirius is the first one I spot. He is in the corridor with his back towards me. "Sirius, have you seen James?" He turns around and both him and Mary are looking at me. "I think he's in the library with Remus, looking for a book Binns told them to look for."

"Thank you, bye Sirius, bye Mary."

"Man I wished someone would chase me like that." I hear Sirius complain, and I laugh.

I bump into Snape the moment I step into the library. "Well, if it isn't Potters favourite mudblood."

"Just let me through, Snape." But in stead of listening he takes a step closer. "Let her go Severus." I hear Lily speak. He meets her eyes, and then walks off with Mulciber. "You okay Lexi?" Lily asks. I nod, another lie. She points to the restricted section and I see James standing there with Remus. "You got a reason to be there?" The librarian asks me. I shake my head, "I don't need a book, I just want to ask my. . . friend? something."

"You can wait for him here." I sigh and start looing through shelves. I hear James his voice coming closer. "Come one James, we need to get to class, you will see her there." Remus says. "See who?" I tease. "Hey Lexi." Remus says.

"How come you look more beautiful every day?" 

"Stop it James you are making me nervous now." He winks and takes my hand in his as we walk to class. "So I need to talk to you. When do you have time?" I ask when Rem is distracted. "After classes?" He suggests. "Sounds good."