016

Chapter 16: Go get your man

{L.A.M}

Waking up and instantly being reminded of an awkward conversation of the night before is not a good way to start your day, and I feel like it is going to be a very long one. I made up a plan in my head, get out of bed, shower, brush my teeth, look extra good to make sure James will notice me and hopefully talk to me, avoid James. One of the last two I will have to go.

I think about yesterday the whole time I'm in the shower. What do I do now? What do we do now? Do we talk about it? Will he kiss me again? Too many questions I should not be asking myself at 7am. I proceed getting ready after dreading stopping out of the shower.

When I am almost fully dressed the door is opening, I know it's Marlene because she is the only person that doesn't give a shit if she walks in on a naked friend. "Why are all Hufflepuffs so grumpy in the morning? I had to actually make an effort for them to let me into the common room." She complains. I laugh, "Marlene it's 7:30am, everyone is grumpy."

"Davina is the opposite." Marlene states as she looks at her. Davina is on her bed smiling at the both of us. I told her everything that happened after she came back from Peters dorm last night after Marlene the rest left. About the kiss, about everything James said. "What has got you in such a good mood?"

"Are you seriously asking me? I had the best night of my life yesterday and my bestfriend is getting laid sooner that she thinks! What could better?" Davina exclaimes. Marlene snorts and leaves the room, shaking her head. "So, will you talk to him? Or ignore him the whole day?" She asks. I look at her like I got caught doing something. "Oh come on Medina, I saw your 'plan' on your bed." I sigh and put on shoes. "I'll see."

-

Turns out when I chose to ignore him, James decided to do the exact opposite. I quietly entered the Great Hall, she walked in yelling, "What a beautiful morning!" which only resulted in annoyed Ravenclaws and Slytherins. Most of the Hufflepuffs didn't even look and the Gryffindors just laughed.

Next, he didn't walk over to his table, no. He sat at mine! Next to me. And then he kissed me on my cheek which got me off guard. "What are you doing?" I whispered in his ear when he still wouldn't leave. Davina seemed to have the answer, "Oh come Lexi, the boy had his lips all over yours last night. Be glad he's not doing it in front of everyone here."

I ignore her and look up at James. He looks me straight in the eye, winks, leans down to my ear and whispers "I'll save you a seat at Potions." And then he's gone. I give him another look when he's back with his friends, the 'look' becomes a stare when he turns away, and it doesn't stop until everyone leaves for class.

Remus walks me and Davina to Transfiguration class, but when we get to the classroom there aren't many seats left, three to be exact. Davina takes the one next to Peter which leaves me and Remus standing in an awkward silence. We both have our reasons to walk over to Lily and take a seat next to her instead of the other free seat next to James who is waving at me with a bright smile.

He wants me to talk to James, I want to avoid talking to James. Remus ends up speeding to Lily before I can and Mcgonagall is starting to get annoyed.

I walk over to James and Mcgonagall gives me a polite smile. My grams has visited a few more times along with my grandfather to catch up and talk to Mcgonagall. It's a little scary how alike they are, and I'm suprised I never noticed. I get my books out of my worn off bag that needs a replacement and try not to look at James.

Just when I thought he wasn't going to say anything he manages to make things an little extra awkward. "Was it that bad? Am I a bad kisser?" He sounds like he regrets kissing me now.