019

Chapter 19: Old friend

After another boring day of studying and eating chocolate that Remus gave me in the hospital wing after Pomfrey decided to let me rest for just one more day, I get sick of it and get out of bed when she leaves to ask Slughorn something. I sneak out and look for James in the crowd of Gryffindors who are surrounding the Gryffindor table.

I spot a smiling Davina standing out with her yellow robes surrounded by the red ones. I slowly walk over to them -still a little dizzy- and sit down. "Lexi? Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" James asks. I nod and take a bit of an apple. "I got sick of it, and besides I feel fine. Anyway, what are we talking about?"

"Are you sure you are okay? You seem a bit pale." James slips his hand onto my cheek. "Yes, now what is today's gossip?" I ask them.

Marlene leans our way and says, "When Dorcas and I were. . . doing things, we overheard McGonnagall speaking to your grandmother near Dumbledore's office."

"She's still here?" I ask, and James nods in response and says, "Your grandfather too, and I think he doesn't like me that much."

"Matteo Medina doesn't like anyone, James." I comfort him. "What were they talking about?" I ask Marlene.

"There is a new student arriving, they didn't mention when though."

"Did they mention anything about her?"

"Well, she's and old student who left Hogwarts a few years ago and went to another school, but she and her parents moved back. I think het name starts with an A? But I don't remember. McGonnagall was asking your grandmother if you knew her." She replies. "What did my grams say?" I ask Marlene. Davina's gaze goes from James to me, back and forth. I try to ignore it. "I don't know, sorry."

"Will you go to classes today?" Sirius asks after a while. I shake my head, "Grams won't let me, neither will Pomfrey or McGonnagall. Bet they'd kill me." I laugh.

"Maybe it is for the best, love." James says before he leaning in to kiss me. I kiss him back. "Get a room already."

"Says you, Marlene. Remember last week when Remus and I walked in on you and-" Lily says, trying not to laugh.

"Yes! Now shut up!"

"Now this is a story I need to hear." Sirius states. Lily is telling everyone what happened while avoiding Marlene's hand lunging at her. I don't hear any of the things their saying, my mind had drifted off. My blinking starts to slow down and my body goes numb. Next thing I know my head hits the table and everything is black. I can still hear James calling my name in the distance, Lily shouting at one of the teachers, Sirius telling everyone to back off.

-

"Lexi? I need you to wake up. Can you hear me?" I open my eyes at the sound of my grandmothers voice. "Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asks me.

"Tired, and my head hurts."

"We checked everything, there is nothing physically wrong, nothing we can explain." Pomfrey clarifies. I nod.

"When will I be feeling better?"

"We don't know sweetie, but you have to rest. I'll let your friends know you're awake."

"And James." I mutter, not thinking. "I knew it!" Gramps says. "I need to have a chat with the boy."

"Mateo, don't be dramatic. And leave the boy alone!" Grams tells him, almost like a warming. She laughs at him. I want to laugh, I would have laughed, but I can't, it hurts.

A while later Grams comes back with James and Davina, Mcgonagall wouldn't let everyone leave class so it's just the two of them. "Hey love."

"Potter, you and I need to have a word later."

"Gramps, leave him be. He's good to me, really good."

"Oh he better be." I laugh and shake my head at me grandfather. James looks frozen, no movement at all. "James? You okay?" I ask him. His unreadable face breaks into a smile and he presses a kiss on my head. "What is it?"

"You just told me you think I'm good to you and I am so happy you're okay." He rants, like he can't stop.

-

It's been a week since I left the hospital wing without permission, passed out in the Great Hall and was then brought back to the hospital wing. I feel all normal again and I have been having conversations with there "friends" of Dumbledore, trying to find out what I can do, what I am.

This all has been a lot but I am back to my normal routine of going to classes and doing things with Davina. James has been worried a lot but he's letting me go a little more every day.

It's two weeks before Christmas break and I'm more exited than I thought I would be. I thought it would be another year with my grandparents and Davina and het family. But my grams has apparently asked James if he and his parents would like to come over. He them owled his parents, who agreed, and then Sirius asked if he could come too because he couldn't come home after leaving. And then Peter and Remus wanted to come, and then the girls.

I'm really exited about it and I feel like it's going to be the perfect Christmas, nothing is going to ruin this. Right?

-

I'm studying with Lily in the Gryffindor common room when Davina emerges, with horror on her face. James looks at her concerned. "Lexi, we need to talk. Like, right now!" The door to the common room opens.

"Hello Gryffindors, it's been a while."

Word count: 975

I felt like adding a little drama;)

Sorry the chapter is short:(