015

Chapter 15: Worth it

{J.F.P}

She is still looking at me. "Lexi?" She breaks the eye contact and leaves the room. I step off the table and try to ignore everyone around me. "Getting rejected again, Potter. And here I was, thknking you learned your lesson with Lily." I clench my jaw, I feel two arms pull me back, and Sirius is whispering something in my ear I can't hear. "James," Marlene calls. I turn to her but she's pointing at the door. I see Lexi dissapear and I pace after her.

"Lexi, come on. Please talk to me."

"Everyone knows I slept with him now. Half of them probably think I'm a slut or something."

"So what? What happened to the defensive Lexi that stood up for herself, even when it was just about a small thing like your skirt?"

"You remember that?" She asks suprised.

"Of course I do, didn't you hear anything from what I just said back there?"

"Can't we just forget that this happened?"

"It's not that simple Lexi! I don't want to forget Lexi, I don't want you to forget." I lower my tone.

"James, I can't do this right now."

"I tell you what I should have told you a while ago, in front of everyone because I'm drunk and I don't know what I'm doing, and now you're telling me it was for nothing because you can't do it?"

"You know that's not what I meant James." She exclaimes. "I want to hear you say the words. Say that you feel the same way, tell me you love me back and I'm all yours." I tell her.

"I can't James! I know I like you, a lot actually, and the only reason I'm bold enough to say this is because I'm drunk, but I can't be what you want me to be yet." I can't hold myself. I hope we're both drunk enough to forget this ever happened. I step forward. "James?"

"Shut up already." I crash my lips onto her and my hands cup her face. Her lips are soft, and her cheeks are hot. When i step back she looks me in the eyes, and I don't know if she is going to hit me, or kiss me again. She takes a few steps back, "Goodnight James."

"Night." I say to the empty space around me, she's gone again.

-

{S.O.B}

James is pacing around the room when I wake up, Peter is watching him amused. "What in Godrics name is going on here?" I ask them both. Peter just looks at me, trying to keep his laugh. Remus is slowly waking up and James has his hands in his hair, still walking in circles. I can't hold it in anymore and break into laughing. "Prongs mate, I don't know what happened but I find your stress amusing somehow."

"I kissed her, I kissed Lexi Amirah Medina. And I asked her if she loves me back."

{P.P}

Sirius screams like a little girl and Remus just stares at him. I didn't think he'd have the balls to do it and eventually we would have forced him to.

Sirius goed on to question him for about half an hour and when he is finally out of question, James is 9ut of breath. "Prongs," I say. "Congrats mate."

"Prongs????" Sirius asks looking at James like a little girl that wants something from him. "What, Sirius?" James sighed and Remus and I smiled at each other. "On last question,"

"Yes?"

"Was it good?"

"PADS!" All of us yell at the same time, and then we break into laughter after seeing the confused look and Sirius his face. "What have I done now? I need to know the details, that is what mates are for!" He throws his hands up in the air. "Padfoot, that was the first question you asked me."

"Oh, well I FORGOT!"

"Did she say she loves you back?"

"Kind of? She did but then she didn't?" He says.

"We are going to need a little more context James."

"She said she like me a lot, but she also said she can't be what I want her to be? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Was it before or after you kissed her and she passionately kissed you back?" I ask him, he finally site down. "Before."

"She loves you mate, Lexi doesn't seem like the type of girl that would just kiss someone back that she just likes." Sirius says.

"She did sleep with Ivan." Remus then says like James is not there. "That's different Remus, I slept with Marlene while I had feelings for someone else. I'd still sleep with her if she wasn't with Dorcas but I wouldn't passionately make out with her after having a fight with her."

"So you're saying that?"

"What I'm saying James, is that Lexi does in fact love you back, it's obvious, but she feels like she can't give you want you want yet, and if you really think she's worth it, you wait for her."

"She's worth it to him, you can see it on the smile that has been on his face for the past five minutes." Remus says when James stays quiet for a while.

-

{L.A.M}

Marlene and I went to out dorm after I left James and Mary has joined us. Dorcas is probably with Lily, trying to find James. "I don't like what they're planning." I say to break the silence.

"Me neither, it's a horribe idea, but that makes it fun." Marls keeps staring at me like she's waiting for me to go into detail about the kiss. "Marlene, you're gay, why do you want to know about my passionate kiss with one of your best mates."

"First of all, yes I am, but you're my friend and you need to tell me right now, I need to know. What he good? Did he use tongue?"

"Marlene, stop it! Mary, please help me." I almost beg her.

"I'm afraid there is no way out of it, she won't stop until you tell her if he in fact used tongue or not." Uhgg.

"Okay fine! He didn't. Now leave me alone. If Lily and Dorcas come back tell me I died in a fire and my whole body has dissapeared into ashes, thank you." I rolled over and pulled myself furder under the blanket.

Word count: 1069

Sorry for the delay, but I'm not home for a week and I have been busy with school

Any ideas for shipnames?

Bye!