012

Chapter 12: Nobody breaks her heart

{J.F.P}

I got mail this saterday moring, an envelope with my dads name on it.

Hey son!

Finally coming to sense and ask uour old man for advice? Here's what I did to make the woman you call "mother" mine!

She was a stubborn girl, always rejecting me. But once she saw my abs, she was sold. (Yes, I used to have abs.) I showed her how good I was at quidditch, and how handsome we Potters are.

I'm not saying you should walk up to the girl, pull your shirt over your head and say, "be my girlfriend" while she stares at your abs and muscles, I'm saying be subtle. Take off a sweater while you have a shirt underneath, so it goes up a little like it's an accident. (I tried that once, that's why I know it works.)

And don't forget your quidditch genes, they might come in handy.

Love, dad.

Oh dear, James Potter, I warm you, don't listen to anyone with the name Fleamont. Your dad didn't charm me with his quidditch skills, nor his non-existing abs (he never had abs). Yes, his pretty face contributed, but those weren't the reasons I fell for him.

I fell for him because of who he is. He showed me he was kind, and loving. That I was worth his time and effort, and that he cared aboit having me around.

So be kind James, show her you're not just ego, but that you also have a heart. Ask her to come see the first quidditch game, start a conversation and ask about her interest. Show her that you want to know who she is.

Show her you care.

Love, your mother.

My mothers advice did seem a little better that dads. So the first thing I did after breakfast was look for Lexi. I hadn't seen her yet and Davina said she was talking with a Ravenclaw near the courtyard.

When I got out there she was on a bench in the still chilly morning air, with a boy, a handsome boy. "James!" She sounded exited to see me and I walked up to them. "Ivan was just telling me about the first quidditch match of the year. Ravenclaw against Gryffindor huh? Are you exited?" She asked.

I felt too uncomfortable to sit down. "Yeah, I think so. The team has been practicing a lot." I answer. She smiled.

"So Lexi, I was wondering. Could I borrow you real quick?" She stands up, "I'll see you around Ivan." Ivan.

He waves at her and we start walking. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh, uhm nothing in perticular." I said, suddenly backing out. "Okay, well if you do, you can always tell me."

"I know Lexi, that's what I like about you." Her eyes shoot to mine. "What?"

"Has Ivan asked you to cheer for him at the match?" I change the subject, not wanting to know the answer to my own question. "No he hasn't. And besides, I'm not sure I'm going. Quidditch has never really been my thing." She says.