Chapter 14: Stars

{J.F.P}

That sounded a lot like I regret it right? But I promise I don't, but I just need some space. That's why I have been avoiding Remus and Lexi, but this morning during breakfast it seemed like Moony was mad at her. "You're not in love with me, Remus." She had told him, what had she meant by that?

I was around Moony but we didn't exactly exchange words, and people seemed to notice. "Whatever is up with you two has to end, it's more quiet than the inside of my great grandmothers grave." Peter had told us. "Nothing is wrong, I'm just tired." Remus said before I could say anything. "From your late night with Medina?" Peter asks him with a wink. "Cut if off Wormtail."

"So who's going to the Halloween party." Marlene suddenly says. She kisses all of us on our cheeks but all my attention goes to the tired looking girl surrounded by her fellow Hufflepuffs. "James? Are you coming?"

"What? Oh, no I'm not sure yet."

"What?! You have to come, it will be fun. Please?"

"Fine Marlene." I chuckle. "Is your friend coming too? She seems nice, what is she like?" Mary then asks. "She's friendly when she likes you, kind of a bitch when she doesn't. And somehow she remembers every small detail about people." I say.

"She never remembers small things about me. Does she not like me?!"

"Oh Sirius, stop being dramatic. She's probably just in love with James."

This time Remus doesn't look sad. He looks more. . . embarresed? "Moony, can you come with me for a sec?" I ask him. He nods and stands up without saying anything.

We walk for a while until it's quiet in the corridors and almost everyone has gone to class. We will probably be in trouble for this with Mcgonagall.

"Are you okay Moony? You seem a bit too tired." He looks at me like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. "I'm okay, why?"

"I don't know I just. . . after what I heard last night I thought-"
"I'm fine James, she told me what I needed to hear."

"What is that supposed to mean, Moony?" He sighs. "I'm not in love with her."

"So what? You lost feelings without knowing?" He shakes his head. "I never liked her in the first place. I never told anyone this but I first met her in second year when we talked in the hospital wing, none of you knew about my issue yet and I felt alone. She sounded so sweet and she was so caring towards a boy she had only met hours ago. We talked a lot, and after that I never stopped looking out for her. And I think I have mistaken that protective feeling for romantic feelings."

"Merlin, that's a lot to process in one evening Moony."

"I stayed awake all night. I realised my brain was so set on Lexi, it distracted me from my feelings towards another person."

"What?"

"Uhm right, I should go to class." He says, but instead he walks in the direction of the Gryffindor tower. What in Merlins name just happened.

I decide to go to class and I come up with an excuse for why I'm late on my way there. There are a few seats left, one next to Lexi, one with Frank, and one alone. I like Frank, he's really nice but he's a bit quiet. I walk over to the empty seat in the DADA classroom. Lexi looks confused but ignores it.