Chloe

The boys congregate in the bedroom, ready to discuss who is going to meet the new, fabulous, sexy Chloe. We're old meat now. The smell of fresh prey has divided the boys' attention and left all of us girls to fend for new protectors. The girls and I stay crowded around the fire, keeping warm in front of the flames that are swallowing up the dark.

"So who is gonna go?"

"Aaron," Shannon demands. "I reckon he will. Did you see him drooling at the sound of just her voice?"

"Do you want him to go?"

"Kind of."

"I think Brad is gonna go," Faye rolls her eyes. "You know what young lads are like. As soon as there's another girl they eat them up. What about Jake?"

"He'd be up for it." I agree. "I really want to like him, but that initial spark isn't there yet."

After a while, Toby skips out onto the decking. A sly smile is painted on his cheeks, smug that he holds a secret that we're yet to unlock. He acts like a jury revealing their verdict. "So we have decided, as a group, that we're all going to go and meet Chloe. She's all alone and nervous, so we thought that if we go as a group, then it'll be more comforting."

Although we've only known these boys one day, I don't like the thought of them dulling themselves up in the bedroom, ready to meet this new islander. We're the starting pack - the innate protection has been established. Jake's eyes could undoubtedly turn, leaving me single. I don't hear anything from Jake before he leaves. He's too caught up with Toby to wish me a goodbye.

I lay on the daybed next to Shannon, sipping down on a gin n tonic and waiting the minutes away. It's not the most celebratory way to spend our first night in the villa. "Aaron is just not my type." I've heard Shannon say this a couple of times today. Although she said she would give him a chance, part of her has clearly closed off already. "He's just not a guy I would typically go for."

"So who is your type?"

"Brad and Jake. I want to get to know them. I've seen you have chats with them."

"Yeah, they both seem sweet. Brad and I got cut short though."

"I've seen him looking at you a few times," Shannon smiles. "He and Kaz have a thing going on too."

"Kaz?" I stutter. "I thought her and Toby were going strong."

"Maybe." She shrugs nonchalantly. "I'm gonna get a drink. Let me get you one."

The boys probably aren't gone that long, but it feels like forever. Their absence is noticeable. After an hour, the boys skip back into the villa. Amongst the pack of familiar faces is Chloe. Her hair is luxury blonde, gorgeous brown eyes, and a figure one could only dream of.

"Hi!" She hugs me hello. "Nice to meet you."

Chloe introduces herself to all of the girls. She is stunning and there is no doubt about it. I know Jake has a thing for blonde girls. Chloe is 100% his type on paper. Her voice is only what I can describe as a student that's just come back from a gap year. She has an accent I can't put my finger on. We make light conversation and make a few icebreaker jokes before a text message arrives.

"I've got a text!" Chloe squeals. "Chloe, welcome to Love Island. In 24 hours, you will couple up with one of the boys, leaving one girl single #youdoyouhun #letthegamesbegin."

The text puts a sour taste in my mouth. It's been a long day and I think we're all ready to go to bed. I wonder if there's going to be any spooning or snogging tonight. Jake and I? Definitely not.

I don't bother looking for sexy pyjamas because I know that nothing is going to happen. I remove my make-up, brush my hair up into Dutch Braids, remove my contact lenses and jump into bed. I pull the duvet over me and press my head against the pillow. When the room fades to black, there's a sudden warmth under the covers. Jake tucks himself in and stays on his side of the bed with no attempt at a cuddle.

The next morning ...

"So did you and Toby have a spoon last night?" I ask Kaz. She woke up with a smile of a Cheshire cat and I try and interview her when brushing our teeth.

"Nope."

"Aw, boring."

There wasn't any action last night between anyone, except for the odd toe touch. I think we're all so excited for our first full day in the Villa. We go for breakfast and waft down some toasties.

As I'm lifting weights in the gym with Faye and Sharon, pumping the muscles I don't have, I hear a mumble of voices from the daybed. Chloe has gone to sit with four of the boys. Brad's eyes are glued to her body as if he's in a trance. I can't make out what she's saying, but the chuckles from the boys are enough to show it's going well.

To try and take some attention off of Chloe, Sharon and I throw on our sexiest bikinis. The only person who compliments me on my red skimpy piece is Hugo when we spend some one-on-one time in the pool. He's such a lovely man and is less reserved than I thought. If I was 14 again, I would have a crush on him as my PE teacher.

"Let me get your towel," Hugo wraps my shoulders in my purple towel when I jump out of the pool. "Take a seat on the bed and dry off. I'll grab us both drinks."

He compliments me in my bikini and tells me how lovely I look. As Hugo is so innocent, I can't tell whether the gesture is flirtatious or gentlemanly.

Chloe and I make some lunch together. I try and suss out who she's got her eyes on, but she's not giving anything away. At first, I thought she was into Jake, but Aaron seems like a contender too.

"I'VE GOT A TEXT!" Beside the fire pit, Kaz jumps up and down with her phone in hand. "Islanders. It's time to hear each other's hottest sexiest secrets in today's challenge - Horny Devils. #talkofthedevil #naughtybutice"

*****

Would you guys prefer each episode as one long chapter? Or keep it divided into smaller chapters? Xx