Boozy Brunch & Two New Girls

Gemma P.O.V

I'm woken up to the bright sunshine cascading through the windows of the bedroom.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Hugo cheers, walking in from the garden. "You slept in."

I peer my head up from the pillows. Sharon is laying in her bed with her sunglasses on, staring at the wall with a massive jug of coffee. Everyone else is up and getting ready.

"Here you go," Hugo hands me a mug of peppermint tea. I take a sip steadily. It's lovely, but not as nice as the one Brad makes. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did, thanks, babe."

As Hugo searches through his drawers for a pair of swimming trunks to change into, Sharon jumps from her bed and sits beside my feet. "You okay, gorgeous?"

"Not really."

"What's up?"

"Aaron's pissed off," Sharon mutters. "I think it's to do with last night. He doesn't like me standing up for myself apparently."

"I'm really sorry again, by the way," Hugo calls, eavesdropping on our conversation.

"It's fine. Today is a new day and I'm quite short-tempered. I just hope Aaron isn't too much of a dick."

"He'll come around," I place my mug down on the bedside drawer as Chloe walks in. "Morning, Chloe."

"Just the girl I was looking for. Can we have a quick chat? I won't make you get out of bed."

"Yeah, sure." I pat the bed beside me. "Come and sit."

I know this is going to be about the Faye incident. It seems like ages ago, yet the dust hasn't settled. It will be nice to nip this in the bud and rid of the awkward atmosphere.

"So I know we haven't spoken much since you and Faye had that falling out. I just wanted to say sorry for avoiding you." Chloe apologises. "I was starting to like Brad, but seeing him all over Rachel, I don't think he's worth my time."

"That's fine. But I have to ask, why did you pick him?"

"That's something we're all wondering," Sharon adds. "We all expected you to choose Chuggs."

"He's just more my type and I was being spiteful. In a way, I wish I had picked Chuggs so he would still be here."

"Well I accept your apology," I tell Chloe. I don't agree with what she did, but for the sake of the villa, I am willing to move past it. "Come here."

Chloe gives me a tight squeeze. "I'm glad we're all okay now."

"Me too." I agree. "So ... Brad and Rachel?"

"Yeah, I know. I'm pretty sure they kissed this morning. They moved fast."

I feel like I've been punched in the gut. Did he move on that fast? After we kissed? I thought he might wait for me. He must really like Rachel.

"Um," I blink back the tears pricking at my eyes. "I'm going to go get ready. Excuse me."

I rush to the dressing room and pretend to search for a bikini, wiping away the tears that drip down my face. I'm so stupid. Of course he would jump ship. Why wouldn't he?

Brad P.O.V

"How is it going with Rachel?" Liam asks, cuddling up beside Faye on the swinging seat. Their relationship seems so on-and-off that I'm struggling to keep up. They argue like a married couple.

"Fine. She's still coupled up with Jake, but we had a little kiss."

"Did you!" Faye gasps. "Was it good?"