Sleeping On The Sofa

Gemma P.O.V

"Hello!" Faye's thrilling voice resonates through the villa. "We're back, bitches!"

I'm sat with Hugo and Kaz, debating whether Birmingham is north or south of England. We draw the dividing line at very different places. I'm trying to convince Hugo that Coventry is southern but our conversation is interrupted.

Faye and Sharon are back from their dates. Both of them are holding hands with each of the new boys.

One of the new boys is short of stature and broad-shouldered. He has blonde curls just like Hugo's, but his hair is messier and floppier. His smile is his overwhelming feature - it's the first thing I notice about him.

The other boy is the epitome of tall, dark and handsome. He has to be 6'5, or even taller. The Love Island gods listen to my prayers when I asked for a tall boy. His build is beautifully sculpted; his brunette hair cut short and smart.

"No way!" Hugo cheers. "That's Chuggs!"

"Who?"

"Chuggs!" Hugo looks me dead in the eye, like I'm meant to know what he's on about. "We went to uni together!"

Hugo hops off the bed, skipping like a deer in the headlights. He pulls Chuggs into a hug and they share that manly greeting all boys do when they see each other.

Chuggs and Liam introduce themselves to each of the boys, and then each of the girls. Posh is the only word I can use to describe Chuggs accent - he's been pulled straight from the cast of Downton Abbey.

"I'm Liam." He grins. "You're Gemma?"

"I am. You're welsh?"

"Spot on." He giggles. "It's nice to meet you. I think the boys want to chat with me, but I'll come see you girls in a bit?"

His accent is thick and rugged - I love a good accent. The Welsh can make anything sound sexy.

Sharon tells me a bit more about her date with Chuggs. It didn't sound like anything special. "All I could think about was Aaron. He's a nice boy, but the flirting just wasn't there. Faye and Liam were having a good time though. I could overhear them chatting."

The tension is easing a little bit between Faye and I, but it's still extremely noticeable. Brad has refused to speak to her today. It's his choice, but it's creating an even bigger atmosphere in the Villa. I'll wait for her to come to me before she blows my head off again.

"Do you think Faye likes him?"

"Without a doubt. They were making jokes about sleeping in each other's beds, so they seem pretty comfortable already."

"He'll get to know all of the girls though?"

"Oh, for sure." Sharon agrees. "But I know Faye will pounce on him."

Liam in Chuggs don't make much of an effort with the girls tonight. They spend the majority of their time with the lads, settling in and unpacking their things. They arrived quite late in the night, so not long after the boys' arrival are we getting ready for bed.

"So, which bed is yours?" Chuggs asks. I'm helping him find a home for his jeans amongst Aaron's mountain of clothes. "Who are you coupled with again?"

"Jake. Our bed is next to Kaz and Toby's. But I'm going to sleep in the living room tonight."

"How come?"

"It's a long story. I'm sure the boys will fill you in."

I throw on some black sweatpants and a grey sports bra. I know that cute pyjamas can be nice, but I feel like the dressed-down look can be sexy too.