Dinner Dates & Stargazing

Gemma P.O.V

I straighten my brunette locks so they reach my waist. Having long hair is great, until there is so much that you don't know what to do with it. After, I apply minimal makeup to try and achieve a natural glow. A white skater dress has been hanging in my wardrobe for a while and I've been looking for the correct occasion to wear it. I pair it with some gold jewellery and some white heels, and throw on a blue denim jacket overtop.

"You look lush," I tell Lucinda as she pulls on her white two-piece. I help to curl the ends of her hair and use an eyeliner hack that I learned in school. "Are you nervous?"

"Very."

"Well Brad is an amazing cook, so at least you're going to have a good starter."

Brad, Liam, Hugo and Aaron headed down to the kitchen half an hour ago to prep their meals. I'm expecting Brad and Hugo to create Master Chef level pieces. Aaron and Liam are lost causes. "You might be having pasta for mains." Faye jokes. "It's all Liam ever makes."

"I'm not all that fussy. A toastie sounds lush!" Millie exclaims. "Well, I'm ready. Are you, Lucinda?"

"I think so." She makes the final touches on her mascara and then grabs her things. "See you girls later."

"Don't have too much fun!" Rachel calls. I know she's scared of losing Brad, and she should be. If his head can turn that fast from me, then he'll do the same again.

The girls and I gather on the terrace. I can make out Brad, stood over the hob frying up some concoction of onion and peppers. He's dressed in some black jeans with a white shirt. I struggle to find the words to describe how hot he looks. Tanned skin and blue eyes are 100% my type. On the contrary, Aaron is in a panic, rushing around to find different things in the pantry.

"Oooh, here they go!" Rachel and Chloe are particularly on edge as Brad serves Lucinda her starter. They share a hug and then sit down, starting to make conversation.

"How do you feel, Sharon?"

"I don't care. Like, couldn't care less."

Although she's trying to play it off, I know it gets to her. Sharon is one of the strongest girls in here. She keeps her emotions very shut off. "She won't be getting kisses and cuddles tonight. Millie isn't even his type."

The date goes on for a while. Rachel, Chloe and I perch like meerkats, observing Brad and Lucinda's every move. Each time Lucinda giggles, I can hear Rachel roll her eyes. I do get the odd pang of jealousy. What doesn't help is the gorgeous smell of carbonara wafting in from the kitchen where Hugo is preparing his main meal.

"It was nice knowing you girls." Chloe sighs.

"Oh, shush. It might not even be going that well."

Brad P.O.V

"Let me take these plates," I pick up Lucinda's empty plate and slide it on top of my own. "Thank you for a lovely date. I hope your main is rubbish."

"Don't be mean!" She chuckles. "See you later."

Lucinda is an absolutely stunning girl. She is so much more chill than Rachel, and my type too. I didn't get really strong vibes from her, but I know that we would be a better match than Rachel and I.

Gemma? We kept catching eyes every time I looked up to the terrace. I can't feel myself committing to any other girl but her. But they say that the only way to get over someone is to get under someone. I need to move on.

Gemma P.O.V

I can't stand to watch Hugo go on dates with Millie and Lucinda. I need to take myself out of the situation for a bit.