4.12|Ishqa • Love me|

Ahsan opened his eyes. A little confused at seeing a white colourless ceiling above him. His wrist ached slightly, due to the cut he made out of trauma previously. A beeping sound, ticking of a clock and that's all. It was pure silence wherever he was. He felt little weight on his other hand. Looking into it's direction he found Aram sitting on an uncomfortable chair, holding his hand and asleep. His hand working as a pillow for Aram.

"Bhai..." he mumbled. His voice was a mere whisper, hard to hear.

"Bhai..." this time he said a little louder to catch his attention.

He moved his hand which woke up Aram immediately.

"Bhai..."

Aram looked at him as if making sure he wasn't hallucinating. And then smiled. A teary smile.

He wanted to hug him, to scold him. But he didn't. With a blank look, he stood up and left, much to Ahsan's guilt.

Tears escaped his eyes and traced the path to his scalp and lost its existence.

Now he was regretting it. In his agony, he forgot about Aram.

The door opened and Qainaat entered. Her condition was no better. Her face was void of anything artificial. A shawl wrapped around her body. Her long hair clipped together, was trying to get it's freedom.

Taking slow steps she moved ahead. Ahsan was keenly looking at her movements, he could sense her nervousness.

"Qaina..."

Holding his hand, she sat on the chair.

"I am sorry, Ahsan. I shouldn't have believed in someone's lie."

"It's not because of you. Qaina, I... I am an illegitimate child."

"Aram Bhai told me. Everything."

"But there is something which he doesn't know?"

"What?"

He took a deep breath, gathering the courage to reveal this truth.

"I was raped by Ahana... not once, but many times. That night before our engagement, I was with her. Qaina... I was really afraid of her. She killed my father. She threatened to kill Aram Bhai. I... I wasn't strong. I don't... I don't deserve you."

"Stop saying this, Ahsan. No one deserves to be harassed for his parent's sin. Trust me, it doesn't affect my love. I loved you and I will love you. And you truly deserve it."

"Qai--"

"Don't you dare utter a single word?" She put her finger on his lips. "We are marrying as soon as you get discharged from the hospital."

"I love you... Qaina." That was all he could say.

She smiled, for the first time in the last five days.

Cupping his cheeks, she kissed his forehead. He closed his eyes, feeling this blissful moment.

"I love you too."

🤍🤍🤍

Zania was trying to concentrate on the book kept in front of her eyes. But her mind was wandering among her thoughts.

Zoya left.

And before leaving, she gave her diary to Zania and told her to give it to Zahra.

That diary was Zoya's secret-keeper. She had penned her heart out in it. Her crime as well.

Ahana was her college friend and was the person who brainwashed her. Zoya was ready to forget Hanzal but it was Ahana who manipulated her into planning Asifa's accident. It wasn't Zoya, but the effect of being in bad company.