7.9|Rich Hearts: Goodbye|

He thought he will be able to hide this forever. But the guilt was eating him out. He couldn't hide it anymore or this guilt will kill him.

He entered his room to confront his wife.

"Zuri." He called her, making her look at him.

Advay walked to her, ending the distance, ending the hesitation. Her forehead had a bandaid, she injured her head in his absence. His fingers slowly and gently traced the bandaid and then his palm rested on her cheek.

Their eyes met and somehow Zuri's eyes shone in familiarity. But he didn't let any thought distract him.

He held her arms and made her sit on the edge of the bed.

"Advay--"

She tried to speak but he cut her off.

"Shhh..." He put his finger on her lips, and continued, "just listen to me, Zuri." He took a deep breath before speaking, "I had an affair with my stepsister Diva. I used to think that maybe she is the one for me. But we were step-siblings, our relationship was forbidden. Still we continued it. However, with the passing time we realised that... we don't love each other. We are soulmates, not lovers. It was pathetic that we still continued with our affair. But then she found someone and I found you as my love. We decided to end this and we did so. However, she got pregnant... with my child. Fifteen months ago, you suffered a miscarriage when you got to know about this."

Advay looked up at her and he was shocked to say the least when he found her face blank. He was expecting her to cry, to shout, to slap him, but no. She didn't react.

"It wasn't your adultery that caused my miscarriage. It was a kid who was about to ran into my car."

Zuri was astonished.

She accidentally hit her head on the dressing table and maybe it hit a certain nerve that brought her memory back. A good coincidence.

It was heartbreaking to know that she lost her child. But it was even more heartbreaking to know that Advay was blaming himself for this tragedy.

She wasn't emotionally weak to let a betrayal impact her physically.

Vansh was keeping an eye on Diva, his brother's mistress and stepsister. He never trusted her. And that's how he got to know about her pregnancy. The only mistake he did was to keep the reports unguarded. And that's how it reached in Ziya's hands. And Ziya showed them to Zuri, hoping that now she will divorce that playboy.

But it was Zuri.

Call her pathetic but she could forgive him if he gave her a valid explanation for his actions. She loved him, he loved her. They were married. And she was pregnant. She couldn't end everything so easily.

She drove to his office to talk to him. In the middle of her journey, all of a sudden a kid came running in front of her car. She changed the direction of her car to save the kid and that's how the accident happened. It was all a coincidence.

"It was an accident, that's it." She was crying while uttering these words.

Advay was in disbelief. He kept quiet to take in this information.

"But you knew about my affair, right?"

"I knew. I was coming to meet you, to talk about it and get to a conclusion. But before it could happen, I went into coma due to the accident."

Advay was relieved to know that he wasn't responsible for her miscarriage. But still he was afraid. What if she decided to leave him?

"Zuri... don't leave me, please." He hid his head in her lap and kept mumbling the same words in a crying voice.

Both of them were a crying mess.

Zuri kissed his temple and let him cry his heart out. She wasn't going anywhere leaving him alone.

She forgave him.

What else she could do?

He already suffered for fifteen months. Blaming himself for his child's death. Blaming himself for her lifeless state.

She can't leave him because he didn't leave her when she was deep in sleep. If he was a cheater he would have left her and would be sleeping in someone else's arms. But he didn't. Isn't it enough to prove that he has changed?

"Advay, I will never leave you. I promise."

•••

"Abeer, why you say Amyra will be your only child? You don't want kids of your own?" Diva finally asked the question that was bothering her for a long time.

Abeer adjusted a sleeping Amyra on his chest and looked at Diva whose head rested on his shoulder.

"I can't have kids, Diva. I can't be a father."

It wasn't easy to confess this. He hid it from her for years because he used to think that she will leave him. But now when he is free of his burdening insecurities, he told her.

Diva didn't say anything. All she could think was that everything happens for a reason.

Maybe Amyra happened so that Abeer could experience fatherhood.

Everything happens for a reason.

••••••••••
T H E    E N D
••••••••••

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

• A rushy ending, I agree. But believe me, it took me almost three hours to finish writing this chapter. I couldn't write any more than this.