3.1 • Heartless

"Here comes my dream boy."

She heard her friend, Samantha. Arunai ignored her and continued scribbling her notes. But could not ignore the way Professor Rai was shouting at Hemanth.

"Bring your father tomorrow, or else I would not let you enter my class."

She raised her head, only to see his reaction to the yelling. But all she could find was Ignorance.

"Why boys are so ignorant?" She asked to herself, but could not guess the answer.

Hemanth sat behind the studious Arunai's bench, beside his friend Vishnu. Now she was feeling little, actually very, conscious of herself.

"Oh My God! He sat just behind us." Exclaimed over-dramatic Samantha.

"He doesn't know that your empty brain has enough space for him to sit." She tried to sound funny, which she failed.

"His place is in my heart, not my brain," Samantha stated dramatically.

"Just say, you don't have a brain." Samantha made a face at Arunai's comment.

"Excuse me." Both the girls heard him and felt goosebumps in their bodies. Samantha turned around.

"Yes please." With a sweet yet silly smile.

"Can you please give me an extra pen?"

Samantha excitedly nodded but didn't have one so she took Arunai's and gave it to him.

"Thanks."

"Your most welcome."

Arunai glared at Samantha.
"Aru, a pen is more precious to you than your best friend?" With a fake hurt expression.

"Sam, to be honest, a pen is more useful than you."

Samantha didn't mind it at all, because she had heard such comments millions of times from her bookworm friend. She focused more on the person who was sitting behind her. While Arunai engrossed herself in her studies. That's a different thing, a little part of her big brain was side by side focusing on Hemanth too.

**************

Arunai was reading "Hamlet" while eating potato chips in the canteen. Samantha was sitting beside her and staring at Hemanth, who was sitting a few feet away with his friend, Vishnu.

"He is so hot."

"And you are so dumb."

Samantha looked at Arunai.

"I am not dumb. I am mad, for him."

"Sam, you are mad since your birth. Don't blame him."

"Aru, I am seriously serious."

"Good for you."

"Please help me."

"Do your assignments yourself."

"Dumbo, I am not talking about assignments. I am talking about him."

"Am I his mother, who will fix your marriage with him?"

"No, but you are a friend who should support me."

"Sam, I supported you in night-outs. I supported you in drinking beer. I supported you in watching those mature movies. But I am not gonna support you here."