4.14|Ishqa • Qania|

"I want a divorce."

Qaran stiffened hearing Zania's words. She looked angry.

"Why?"

"Because you again impregnated me just after the six months of my first pregnancy."

He huffed a sigh of relief, but then recalled her words.

Pregnant?

Again?

They are expecting their second child?

"We are expecting again?" Qaran asked carefully, already ready to explode with happiness.

Zania nodded with a pout and a latent smile.

Holding her both hands he pulled her closer to him. Looking into her eyes, he spoke with a smile.

"Aren't you happy about this?"

"I am. But it's too early. First Zaan happened unexpectedly and now our second child is also unplanned. How will I take care of two kids?"

"Nia, don't overthink. Our case is different and comfortable from other couples."

"How?"

He made her sit on the couch and himself sat on his knees opposite to her. His hands resting in her lap.

"Look, we are living with our parents, unlike the majority of the couples."

She nodded.

"And that gives us advantages."

"How?"

"When we are at work, Mom and Dad can take care of kids. We don't have to rely on any stranger for our kids. So it won't be difficult for us."

"That's true."

"And the major advantage is that when our kids will see us taking care of our parents, eventually following our footsteps they will be there for us in our old age. Right?"

"Well, that's important nowadays."

"So now stop sulking and be happy." He pinched her cheeks.

Zania finally smiled and kissed his lips. Their eyes closed instantly. It was a sweet and slow kiss. The atmosphere was getting heated. Qaran was gradually increasing his pace, making the kiss intense.

But a shrill cry startled them and they pulled away.

"Zaan is awake." Zania rushed into their room to find a six-month-old Zaan crying in a shrill voice. His hands and legs moving in the air. Four pillows around him were securing him from falling.

Zaan was a cranky kid. Being alone or among strangers was torture for him.

Picking him up in her arms, she put his head on her shoulder. Zaan moved a little and looked at Zania's face. As if asking, "Where were you, Mom?"

Zania kissed his cheek lovingly.

"So the little troublemaker is up," Qaran remarked while entering and took Zaan in his arms.

Zania silently went to prepare milk for Zaan. While Qaran sat on the bed and began observing Zaan.

Zaan would never cry in Qaran's presence. Not because he was afraid of him, but he was fascinated by his father. He would keep looking at Qaran, straight into his eyes. And Qaran couldn't understand why Zaan behaves weirdly with him. He would simply keep observing him, and try to read him.

💞💞💞

Zania was in the kitchen. Preparing milk for Zaan from milk powder. She was unable to breastfeed him because her breasts couldn't produce milk. Initially, she was sad about it but this sadness didn't stay long as the happiness of motherhood blossomed in her life.