8.6|Fidaa: Their lunacy|

"Kauser, woh..." Marwaan started while entering Kauser's room, but his words and his steps immediately paused looking at her.

Kauser looked ethereal with her wet hair on display. His breath hitched looking at her, but he immediately downcast his eyes when he realised how wrong it was.

Kauser panicked and immediately cover her head with the towel in her hands.

"Sorry!" Marwaan exited the room uttering an apology.

Kauser put her hand where her heart lies, it was beating faster than usual. Not because of fear or embarassment or anger. Because she saw something strange in Marwaan's blue eyes. A profound feeling she can't guess.

She dried her hair with a hair-dryer and put a white hijab. She left her room only to find Marwaan leaning against a pillar and waiting for her.

"Marwaan, yeh kya harkat thi? Knock karke nahi aa sakte the?" Her tone was a little louder than usual.

"Kauser, I'm sorry. Mujhe aadat nahi hai tumhare darwaaze par knock karne ki, aur mujhe nahi pata tha tumne hijab nahi pehna hoga. Sorry."

This encounter was a little awkward. Marwaan never hesitated entering her room without knocking, because something like this never happened before. Kauser never objected because Marwaan could never have wrong intentions towards a woman. She trusted him. The way he downcast his eyes, was a proof of his respect towards women.

"Tumhe nahi pata mai Sundays ko apne hair wash karti hoon?" She was disappointed to be honest.

How he can forget their younger days when she would send him to the shop every Sunday to purchase sachets of shampoo. He just hated when she would ask him to bring that little one-ruppee thing.

"Tumhara shohar nahi hoon jo tumhare routine ki saari khabar hogi mujhe." His sarcastic reply irritated her.

"Chahiye bhi nahi tumhare jaisa shohar." She blurted out and stomped away from him. While Marwaan stood rooted to his place.

"Nahi chahiye usse mere jaisa shohar." He took her words for granted, even when he knew she was not serious. But he also knew the truth, she will never marry him.

🤍🤍🤍

"Good morning." Aziz greeted when Fida woke up from her sleep. He was lying on her right, with enough distance between them.

"Good morning." She smiled.

He held her hand, his thumb started making patterns on her palm.

"Yakeen nahi aa raha ke tum mere saath ho." Aziz spoke what he felt about this serene moment which felt like a dream.

"Mujhe bhi yakeen nahi aa raha... ke mai ab uss narak se door hoon." Her words ended his serenity. It breaks his heart to think how much broken she was.

He remembered how once in his childhood Kauser hit him with a broomstick when he tried to snatch her hijab from her head. That day he understood, a woman's pride is precious to her than thousand diamonds.

He can't imagine how Fida would have felt when her most precious possession, her pride was snatched away from her.

A knock on the door distracted the couple. Aziz got up from the bed and went to open the door. As the door opened, Kauser and Shafaq barged in with trays of food in their hands, totally ignoring a human named Aziz Irfani.

"Good morning, Fida!" They greeted her in a unison.

"Good morning, Kauser Aapi. Good morning, Shafi." Fida smiled looked at them.