•Chapter 44

O C T A V I A

O C T A V I A

It's been a whole week since we found out about pretty much everything, today is Nicolo's don ceremony and I'm pretty excited for my big brother to finally be the don of the Italian mafia, no one deserves it more than him.

Nana is getting worse I have a feeling she's going to go in the next few days and I can't say I'm too thrilled about the thought of another family member leaving me when I just got them back.

Getting ready for the ceremony i was wearing a satin forest green floor length gown that clung to my body not leaving much to the imagination.

The dress matched my heels perfectly. My make up was the same as usual smokey eye with my lashes with a nude lip. Javier wore this black suit and a crisp white shirt with a black tie matching my dress perfectly.

When we were ready hand in hand we descended down stairs to meet our families.

Everyone looked great Monte brought his fiancé Gracie, Matteo and Charlotte are going together as well as Alessio and Elijah. We also got to meet Marco's girlfriend she was a bit bitchy at first but she calmed down after a while.

T I M E  S K I P

We arrived at the hotel where the ceremony was being held and it was beautiful the hall looked grand just how I pictured it. The De Leon's walked in before us and then it was us, our whole family walking in well everyone except nana who is literally lying on her death bed while we're out celebrating.

The celebration was in full swing everyone was chatting and having fun. I was sitting on Javier's lap his idea not mine he was talking to my cousins and brothers while the rest of them where socialising like normal people.

Matteo had is tongue down Charlotte's throat. Elijah and Alessio were no where to be seen.

The lights dimmed and the spotlight on the stage came on. My father clearing his throat caught everyone's attention. He stood there a glint of proudness in his eyes as he started his speech.

"Today is the day I pass down my heritage my dynasty if you will. I'm giving my eldest son my mafia and my legal business. Nicolo son the day you were born was one of the happiest days of my life, your mother would be very proud of the young man you have become today and I couldn't agree more. So with great pleasure I pronounce you the Don of the Italian mafia from this day forward" he spoke clearly keeping the same proudness in his eyes.

"Thank you dad for everything, I promise to make you proud and the rest of the family" Nicolo spoke

After the official ceremony of Nicolo becoming the don the celebration didn't stop, the party was in full swing people drinking and having fun that included me.

The rest of my brothers and cousins had left to do something else leaving me at the table with Javier, Matteo and Charlotte but they still had their tongues down each other's throats, ignoring Javier and I.