~ 6 ~

As soon as Seolhee approached the table that Haknyeon and Eric were sitting at, Eric glared at her, crossed his arms, and turned away. 

She sighed, looking at Haknyeon. "What's up with him?" she grumbled, putting her plate down on the table with more force than necessary. 

"He's upset because you didn't tell him you were dating Sunwoo," Haknyeon explained as she sat down across from them. 

"How could you not tell me?!" Eric exclaimed, turning back around. "You didn't tell either of us. Aren't we best friends? How could you not tell us?" 

"Chill, we started dating yesterday. And it's fake."

"If you start telling everyone that, our plan isn't going to work well at all." 

Seolhee looked up to see Sunwoo, his friend Hyunjun at his side. "Please go away," she sighed, hiding her face in her hands. 

"Aww babe, what's wrong?" Sunwoo said, his voice almost mocking as he sat down beside her. 

She knew it wasn't his fault, but after all day of seeing the disapproving glances of people around her, after all day of hearing her name in everyone's conversations... she most certainly did not want to see Sunwoo. In fact, he was the last person she wanted to see. 

She stared at her plate of food, having suddenly lost her appetite. "I said go away," she snapped when Sunwoo reached for her hand, and she grabbed her plate of food and stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow," she said to Eric and Haknyeon, before turning and leaving. 

"Seolhee, wait," Sunwoo said, walking after her. 

"Can't you listen for once?" she snapped, not looking at him. "I said to leave. I don't want to see you right now." 

"Maybe not, but everyone is watching," he said, his voice low. "Just come sit with me for a minute. Eat before you go. You'll get sick if you don't eat." 

"Why should you care?" she grumbled, casting her eyes around the room and finding that he was right, a lot of people were "discreetly" looking at the two of them. She sighed, sitting down at another available table. He sat across from her and she started eating, not looking at him. 

"Bad day?" he ventured. 

"I don't want to talk about it," she said, not looking up. 

"I know you probably don't like the way people are talking, but it's not like I'm enjoying it either," Sunwoo snapped. "Stop acting like you're the only one that's had a bad day and just play the part." 

Seolhee peered up at him. "Are they talking about you too?" she asked, having not really heard him. From the girls, all she heard was about how Sunwoo was way too good for her, and how she didn't deserve him. But she hadn't heard any bad words uttered about him. 

Sunwoo smirked at her. "You didn't notice? Everyone is talking about how fabulous I am," he said, winking at her. 

She sighed. "I should have known," she mumbled, taking another bite of food. 

"What are you doing tonight?" 

"Homework. And then I'm going out with Eric and Haknyeon."

Sunwoo frowned at her. "People are going to think-" 

"I don't care," she snapped. "They already think that I like them. They already think that I'm cheating on Hyunjae, though they hardly talk about how he's always dating other girls," she said, a humorless laugh escaping her. "They already think I'm going to end up cheating on you, so let them talk. Tonight I'm having fun with my friends, I don't care what anyone else thinks," she said, trying to sound more confident than she felt. 

"You never liked Eric or Haknyeon?" Sunwoo asked, curiosity in his gaze. "You seem very close." 

"We are. But they're my best friends, so no, I don't like them. Not like that." 

Maybe she was imagining it, but she thought she saw a relieved look pass through Sunwoo's eyes. But the look was gone so fast that she was probably mistaken. 

"So, shortcake," Sunwoo said, leaning his elbows on the table and cupping his face with his hands, looking at her. "What about tomorrow night? Are you free for a date?"

***

A/N 

Decided to update an extra chapter this week😘

Also, have you checked out my two new(er) tbz books? Please give them a chance if you haven't already😉