~ 29 ~

Seolhee held Sunwoo's hand tightly as they both waited outside her house, looking for her mom's car. She'd wanted to go to the airport to meet Jacob and her mother, but her mom had insisted it would be better for her to wait at the house.  

"They should have been here already," she said, frustrated. 

Sunwoo squeezed her hand. "They're only two minutes after your estimated arrival time," he said gently, his voice teasing. "They're not late. Don't worry." 

She let go of his hand and started pacing, unable to stop worrying.

Right now, he was the cause of most of her worries. 

Now that she actually liked him, now that they were actually dating... stopping their parents from getting married was more important than ever. Calling off her wedding with Hyunjae was more important than ever. 

"Stop pacing, you're making me nervous," Sunwoo complained, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards him. She laughed, wrapping her arms around him. He leaned down as if to kiss her... 

"Seolhee! Oh-" 

She closed her eyes, internally cursing herself. They'd been waiting outside for at least twenty minutes, but of course, now Jacob and her mother decided to show up. 

She spun around, seeing Jacob's surprised face as he got out of the car. One of his legs was in a cast, and he had crutches, but other than that he seemed completely fine. Seeing him standing healthily in front of her filled her with so much relief that she immediately started crying. 

"You idiot!" she shouted at him, running over and tackling him in a hug. 

"Seolhee, be careful," her mother warned, sounding amused as she watched her kids. 

Jacob just laughed, hugging her back. 

"I can't believe you had the nerve to scare me like that," she grumbled, glaring up at him. She huffed, blowing at her bangs. "How inconsiderate," she said playfully. 

Jacob ruffled her hair playfully, though his eyes were behind her, on Sunwoo. 

"Um..." she said awkwardly. "This is my boyfriend, Sunwoo," she said, taking Jacob's hand and leading him over to where Sunwoo was standing. 

Sunwoo bowed, looking nervous. "It's nice to meet you." 

"It's real now," she whispered to Jacob, remembering how she'd told him before that they were only dating so that her mom wouldn't marry Mr.Kim. Jacob nodded, though his eyes were worried. 

The three of them stood there awkwardly for a moment, no one quite sure what to say. 

Her mom clapped her hands together, drawing everyone's attention to her. "Why don't you all come inside? Sunwoo, why don't you stay for lunch? I can quickly whip something up-" 

"Well... um... Ms.Bae... I made something," Sunwoo said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I hope it's alright that I used your kitchen. I um... thought that everyone would be tired when they came home... and, um..." 

"That's very sweet of you," she said, smiling at him. "And of course it's alright that you used my kitchen. We're basically family, right?" 

Seolhee flinched, not sure if her mom said that because of Sunwoo or his father. Which one of them would end up tying their family together. 

She ran away from Jacob's side, going to her mother instead. "Mom, we need to talk," she said desperately. 

"I know," her mother whispered back. "Let's talk before lunch, shall we?"