~ 17 ~

She didn't see Haknyeon all day, but since they always hung out at Eric's house after school, she wasn't worried. And just as she suspected, when she got to Eric's place the two of them were already playing video games.  

"I'm so sorry!" Seolhee exclaimed, running over to sit beside Haknyeon. 

He laughed, throwing an arm around her shoulder in a half-hug. "Don't worry about it." 

"I feel really bad," she murmured, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I hate that I got you involved in this mess." 

"We're friends, so we're in this together," he assured her. 

"Agreed," Eric said, looking up. "If you need anything, let me know. I don't know how much help I'd end up being, but I can talk to my parents-"

Seolhee shook her head and held up a hand to stop him. "Absolutely not. I've involved both of you too much already. Anyway," she said, glancing at the controllers in her friends' hands, then at the screen. "We have other things to discuss," she said, her tone very serious. 

"What?" Haknyeon asked, suddenly sounding alarmed. 

She lifted her head off of his shoulder and narrowed her eyes at the two boys. 

"You started playing without me, that's what!" 

***

The days passed by, and things remained very tense between her and Sunwoo. They kept up the dating charade around everyone. At school they held hands and walked together, he and Hyunjun even ate lunch with them sometimes. They were affectionate to each other in front of everyone else, Sunwoo pressing kisses to her forehead or her reaching up to peck his cheek. 

But as soon as they were alone, the charade dropped and they were ice cold again. They hadn't really spoken in what seemed like forever, and it was kind of driving her crazy. 

Still, she refused to apologize. Maybe she was being stubborn, but she wanted to hear an apology from him first. 

And truly, in her heart, she felt like she didn't do anything wrong. Couldn't she hang out with friends and act naturally around them? Why should she stop just because of some stupid people who couldn't mind their own business? 

It was all very frustrating.