~ 31 ~

"How are things with your dad?" Seolhee asked, interlacing her fingers with Sunwoo's as they stood on the overpass, watching the cars pass by.  

"Honestly, I haven't gone home since your mom broke the news to him," Sunwoo said. "I've been staying at Hyunjun's place. Hyunjun even went over to my house to pick up more clothes for me and stuff. He told me that my dad said to just stay there, so... that's what I'm doing. It's not like Hyunjun's parents care one way or another. The house is so big that they hardly even notice I'm there." 

"You know, you're always welcome at our place too," she said. 

"Thanks, shortcake." 

Seolhee pulled her hand away from his and glared at him. "What did I tell you about calling me that?" 

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close and pressing a soft kiss to her lips. "As I recall, you told me that you loved that nickname." 

"I most certainly did not say that," she protested. "In fact, I recall saying the opposite." 

Sunwoo grinned, kissing her forehead. "What are your plans for tomorrow evening? Are you free?" 

"Nope. I'm meeting with my fiancé." 

"What?" he yelped. 

Seolhee laughed. "Hyunjae requested to meet with me one last time before we officially break off the engagement," she explained, wondering what he wanted to talk to her about.