Chapter 10: What's Been Going On

6 months later

Terrence POV

7:30AM

It has been a good six months Tasha signed off her parental rights son now se has no ties to my daughter anymore and I couldn't be more happy but the first week was kind of hard mainly me forgiving my family but Leilani has been an angel so far she has finally opened up to me and now she calls me dad. I forgive my mom and dad but not Tasha every other week Leilani spends at her grandparents house but were gonna have to change that to every other weekend because my baby is going back to school since Tasha stopped taking her and she is so nervous. She has to be at school and 9:00 and I'm currently in my kitchen cooking waiting on Taraji to show up we have a surprise for Leilani to ease her nerves'.  About thirty minutes later Leilani came running down the stairs dressed and all she smiled and hugged me "Good morning dad." She said I picked her up and sat her down on the stool on the opposite side of the kitchen island I kissed her forehead "Good Moring my baby." I said walking back to the stove I made her plate and gave it to her she smiled then looked down "What's  wrong, Lei?" I asked she she sighed  and looked up at me "What if the kids make fun of me because I wont have my mom bring me to class every day and I hope that my friends will remember me." She said I sighed and sat down next to her "Lei I'm sure that your friends will remember you you know why- Why?- Because you are a fun, silly, and smart girl and they would be fools if they don't wanna hang out with you. And as for the other thing how about I take you to your class everyday hmm?" I said she smiled and nodded then stared eating after about 10 minutes later Taraji walked through the door and came in the kitchen I gave her a key and she gave me on as well. She came in and Leilani hugged her so tight then she walked up to me and hugged me then giving me a kiss i leaned down by her ear "Did you get it?" I whispered she nodded smiling she then turned to lei and put a piece of paper in front of her which lei took and read then gasped "Are these adoption papers!?!" She yelled Taraji laughed and nodded "So sweetheart what do you say about me being your official Mom?" She asked Leilani smiled and nodded we hugged and cried happy tears after that we ate and talked until it was time for Lei to go we hopped in the car and headed to the school. Once we made it in Leilani keep looking around nervously and was squeezing our hands so hard while I signed her in Taraji talked to her when I was done lei was feeling better. When we arrived at her class the whole class was just staring the teacher stood up and walked up to us "And who are you ma'am?" She asked Taraji looked at the teacher with fire in her eyes 'Hi I'm Taraji Leilani's mother and this is Terrence Leilani's father." She said I tell that right there was sexy to me but foreal tho that made Leilani smile for ear to ear the teacher nodded "Well the school hours are form 9:00 to 2:30 lunch is at 12:30 um if you want your daughter to signup for any after school activities you will have to speak with the principal or the receptionist. I'll need both of your signature's right here to verify that you've already enrolled your daughter and then we can start learning." She said we nodded and sign the paper then kneeled down to Leilani "How do yo feel baby? Are you ready?" I asked she nodded and hugged us "Yeah I'm ready Thanks guys I love you." Leilani said "We love you too, Baby." I said she then let go of our hands and walked to he desk and she waved at her classmates "Have a good day Baby." Taraji semi yelled Leilani smiled "Ok I will, Mom." She said then we left and as soon as we walked out of the building Taraji screamed "SHE CALLED ME MOM, BABY." She said laughed and hugged her then gave her a very passionate kiss "Yes she did baby I am so lucky to have you Taraji baby......I love you." i said she turned around and looked at me "I love you too." She said we made out for about 1 minute before we got in the car i stared it she looked me with so much love in her eyes she then leaned over and grabbed face pulling me into a heartwarming kiss she then pulled away "How about you show me how much you love me hmm?" she said I smirked and pulled off oh imma show her alright.

-3 Days Later-

Leilani POV

12:45pm

Right now I'm at recess playing with my friends turns out they didn't forget me. I'm actually feeling quite better that was until sally she walked by us with her two minions all three of them are older then us about I think their ten I had problems with her the last time I was here she is always mad one time she hit me and I got a bad bruise on my arm all because I was siting in her seat even thought the teacher assigned me there and they didn't even do anything about it as I was playing a girl behind me threw a ball at sally then ran and she thought it was me I huffed here we go again "Why did you throw that ball at me you loser?" She said shoving me the teacher walked up to us "Sally that wasn't Leilani that was some other girl so just move along." Ms. Smith said Sally huffed and walked away when Ms. Smith walked away she came back and  punched me in my face when she wasn't looking I got back up and wiped the blood off my mouth then charged at her hitting her back in her face as my friends did the same to her friends the teachers came and took me and my friends to the principal's office and as I  was waiting on my parents to show up I just hoped that they wouldn't be really mad I mean it was self defense.

Terrence POV

 We had been laying down for about an hour after making love fore two hours straight Taraji was out cold lightly snoring on my chest I was getting ready to go back  to bed when I got a phone call I answered it "What!?! Ok I'm on my way." I said I woke up Taraji we cleaned up and quickly made our way to the school. Once we made it we went into the principal's office and saw Leilani's sitting there crying we bent down in front of her "Lei what happened sweetie?" Taraji asked Leilani sighed and looked up at us showing a very visible swollen eyes we gasped almost crying but we kept it together "This ten year old girl named sally hit me because she thought that I threw a ball at her but it was a different she hit me so I hit her back." Lei confessed sniffling Taraji hugged her "Its gong to be okay baby when we get home we can put some ice on your eye ok?" She said rubbing Leilani's back they broke the hug and the principal walked up to us "So Leilani will be getting suspended for hitting sally because the teacher that saw the altercation said that Leilani actually hit sally." The principal said Leilani got up "What that's a lie she saw the whole thing she even stepped in and said that it wasn't me that hit her with the ball ask Katie and Jules they'll tell you." She said We looked at Leilani's friends "Jules and Katie is that true?" principal asked they nodded the principal sighed "Well sadly its Ms. smith word against Leilani's there's nothing I can do about it so Leilani and her friends will be suspended for four days." The principal said walking away "Leilani well be right back stay here." I said we followed the principal in her private office as we were walking I was just so mad but tried to keep it together for Leilani but me patience is running thin once we made it inside we sat down "So what happened to sally and her friends will they be getting suspended?" I asked "No because we cant prove the Leilani didn't throw the ball as far as we know Leilani throw the ball then hit sally which resulted in sally defending herself." She stated Taraji scoffed "Excuse my language but that's bullshit you know and I know it all three of them said that Leilani didn't hit that girl with that ball and that sally hit Leilani first. So what are you taking about." She snapped I nodded in agreement "There's nothing I can do." She said "So that girl can hit my daughter and wont get any consequences but Leilani gets suspended for simply defending herself. I think we should be leaving now." I said 'You need to talk to your staff because its obvious that Ms. Smith is lying for some reason. And I instead n finding out why." Taraji said they then grabbed Leilani left then arrived at Terrence's house put some ice of Leilani's eyes watched movies then fell asleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey What Y'all Think? Comment And Vote. Love Y'all!

Love, Dae Dae