Chapter 6: Meeting The Family

-3 Months later-

Taraji POV

These past three months have been everything. It's been like weeks since we talked to Leilani but we bought her phone so she can call us. I love that little girl and she seems to love me also she even traded on Terrence for me. That's crazy I don't have any niece and nephews nor do I have siblings I'm an only child. So that means that I was definitely spoiled as hell. Terrence has one sibling and that's his sister Tasha who happens to be the birth mother of that angel child by the name Leilani Howard. Terrence and I are about to go to his sisters for dinner to meet her boyfriend and I'm going to meet Terence's parents also. I'm so nervous last time I did this I was in collage Terrence told me to just be myself and everything should go well so here we go. I was putting on my heels when Terrence walked in the room "Babe you ready to go?" He said I nodded he pecked me on my lips "You look beautiful baby." He said I smiled and said Thank you. We headed out the door and into the car. About 30 minutes later we arrived at our destination which was Terrence moms house. We walked up to the door they answered I got to say Terence's mom is beautiful I can see where gets his eyes from she looked at me for a minute then smiled "Oh my god my baby." She said squeezing terrence's face he groaned like a child she looked at me Terrence followed her eyes and smiled "Mom this is Taraji, Taraji this is my mom Barbara." He said introducing us " It's nice to meet you Barbara." I said about to shake her hand she scoffed and pulled me in for a hug a tight one at that "Nonsense you can call me mom you seem like a good girl and you keep my big headed ass son in check also........And I'm glad he upgraded on Mira nasty neck ass you feel me?" She said but paused and whispered the last part to me making me laugh. We walked in and a familiar smell filled my nose somebody is throwing it down in the kitchen. We walked in the dining room where Terrence introduced me to his dad, and sister and her boyfriend. We began talking I did not expect for Terence's parents to like me that fast I guess you could say I'm lovable. After a minute I heard somebody coming down the stairs and cover my hands with their little hands and I knew it was Leilani I smiled "Who is this?" I said holding her hands "Guess who." She said I smiled "Leilani?" I said she moved her hands and I turned to face her she smiled and hugged me to very tightly, after we hugged she hugged Terrence as well and for some reason Terence's sister was staring my ass down as soon as Leilani hugged me but I just shook it off. Then Leilani whispered in my ear "Can I talk to you and uncle Terrence in the kitchen?" She said I nodded and told Terrence excused us from the table and went in the kitchen and squatted down to her level "Do y'all know what day it is?" She said we looked at each other "Yeah it's Friday." I said she smiled "And what's tomorrow?" She asked Terrence smiled "It's your birthday." He said she nodded "Exactly and I want to spend my birthday with you guys." She said we nodded "Okay I would love that we just have to ask your mom." Terrence said she made a sad face but still nodded Terrence left leaving me and Leilani in the kitchen by ourselves I just pulled her in my arms and hugged her tightly honestly I missed her so much it's been like 3 months. Once I pulled away I saw her wipes some tears "Leilani, baby what's wrong?" I asked she shook her head "Nothing I'm ok." She said "You know you can tell me anything right?" I asked she nodded "Okay so tell me what's wrong." I said and just when she was about to say something but her mother walked in "Leilani baby come finish eating." Barbra stated Leilani hugged me one more time then said bye to me and left. I stood back up about to walk out but Tasha was blocking my way. "So what's up with you and my brother?" She asked I ignored her and looked away "What I mean is are you only with him because of his money?" She asked I scoffed "To answer your question no I am not after him for his money I make my own money. And I also love him for him now can you move so I can go back out there." I said she moved aside so I walked pass her and walked out the door. And saw the family in the family room Terrence was talking to his dad about some football game. And I looked over to see Leilani sitting on the stairs looking sad with her head down I walked over and sat down next to her and tapped her she looked up with tears in hers eyes I looked at her confused why was she crying? "Baby, what's wrong?" I asked her she sniffed and wiped her eyes and looked up at me "I asked my mom...and she said that I can't spend my birthday with y'all." She said crying even harder I sighed and rubbed her back damn this some bullshit "It's okay baby maybe you can tell uncle Terrence what your mom said and he can ask her, huh?" I said smiling she nodded "Now come on let's wipe those tears." I spoke wiping her tears from her eyes "Yess there that pretty face I want to see....why you not smiling?" I asked then she started smiling I did to and hugged her I love this little girl like she was my own.

Tasha Howard POV

While I was talking to my man Rob I happened to look at Leilani talking to that bitch Taraji. I don't like her I liked Mira way better, he's been with Mira for six years and here this bitch comes and he's head over heels for her ass. And she just so happens to be close to my daughter that's why I didn't want her to spend her birthday with them I mean it's not that I care about that little girl she looks more and more like her deadbeat ass daddy every day. I should have aborted her a long time ago the only reason why I didn't abort her was because if I wasn't pregnant my parents and Terrence wouldn't be doing anything for me like they do now and I would have to get a real job and work and shit I can't do that so from now on she will be spending more time with me. Hell if Terrence wants to keep her and raise I'm willing to give her to him for a good price of course. Me and Rob have been better than ever I'm glad Mira hooked me up with him and I'd do anything for him anything. Then I look over and my mom and dad smiling at Leilani and Taraji who was now holding my daughter in her lap and rubbing her back as she falls asleep. My parents are smiling and so is Terrence "Wow Terrence she sure is a keeper." My dad Ronnie says Barbra looked at him and smiled "Yes I love her Leilani seems to also." Barbra said I rolled my ways and walked out of the room Terrence noticed and followed me. I walked in the kitchen and poured me another drink and gulped it down and was about to pour me another one but Terrence grabbed the bottle and glass from me "I think you've had enough." He said I scoffed and looked at him "Why are you with that bitch?" I asked he scoffed "First of all you will not disrespect my girl like that the fuck is wrong with you do you see me talking shit about your nigga? No you don't." He said I laughed "Man you gave up Mira for her, Wow." I stated "You wanna know why because I'm in love with her and Mira was a hoe she cheated on me everyday with different nigga's and if not that she was drunk as fuck spending all of my money." He said I shrugged my shoulders "So what's so bad about that?" I said he looked away and sighed "You know what I don't need your approval on who I date okay I came in here to ask you if Leilani can spend her birthday with us?" He asked I looked away "No I want to spend time with her on her birthday." I said "When have you ever spent time with her, huh? Look I'll pay you." He said I nodded and said yes he paid me and we went back outside to see Leilani in Taraji's arms sleep Terrence whispered in her ear something she smiled and pecked him on the lips. "Well mom, Dad I think we're gonna get out of here." Terrence spoke giving them hugs "Yes it was nice meeting you guys." Taraji said giving them hugs also they nodded "It was nice meeting you to honey Terrence make sure my granddaughter calls me on her birthday." Barbra said Terrence nodded and they left as soon as they locked the door "I don't like her." I said my parents sighed and Rob nodded in agreement with me. What a night.

Terrence POV

On the drive home Taraji fell asleep I looked over at her and smiled. When we pulled up to the house I woke up Taraji and she trapped Leilani and put her in her bed covered her up and kissed her on her forehead. Then we changed clothes and laid down I kissed her goodnight and turned over on my back and closed my eyes but the immediately reopened when I felt Taraji kissing me on my neck. Man this girl is going to be the death of me.

________________________________________

Hey y'all sorry I haven't been updating this book often but some messed up shit was happening in my family. So I had to take a break. What y'all think? Please vote and Comment Love Y'all.

Love, Dae Dae