Chapter 11: A Family Dinner?

-Four Months Later-

Terrence POV

Me and Leilani met Taraji's family last week and I must say they are funny as hell and very welcoming might I add her mom is a sweetheart her stepdad is cool and her best friends are something else wish I could say the same about my family. Speaking of my family we are on our way to my parents house for a "Family Dinner"  everybody's is going to be there even Mira dumb ass. I guess there finally going to give me an explanation to all of this shit that has been happening I felt myself getting mad all over again that is until I looked over and saw Taraji and Leilani sleep I then began about my future family with Taraji I started smiling uncontrollably when I thought about Taraji a couple moths from now with a big round belly a fat ass rock in her finger and Leilani close bye playing in our house. as I pulled in the driveway I saw everybody's car so everyone's here I sighed and I woke Taraji Lei up they got out we went up to the door and rang the doorbell we heard alot of shuffling and yelling. Taraji looked up at me "You okay baby?" She asked me I nodded "Yeah baby I'm alright just ready to get this night over with." I admitted she nodded Leilani tapped her Taraji looked down at her "Mommy can you help me with my bow?" Lei said I smiled she I'm glad she's so comfortable around Taraji. Taraji chuckled and kneeled down and fixed her bow Leilani smiled "Thank you mommy." She said Taraji smiled and kissed her on cheek "You're welcome baby." She said before she stood up straight and then the door finally opened and it was my dad I kind of already made a amends with my mom and dad but not Tasha and Mira "Hey dad." I said Taraji and Leilani said hey as well and walked in as soon as we did we saw Mira and Tasha staring us down wit so much hatred and jealousy especially from Mira she has been staring daggers into Taraji while she held onto Leilani's hand like I know she not mad that Taraji is holding Lei's hand when she signed her parental rights over and its not like they don't know that Taraji adopted Leilani so she shouldn't be shocked. After about five minutes Lei hugged my mom and so did Taraji. My dad signed for me to come in the kitchen with him I nodded "Baby I'm gonna go talk to my dad for a minute." I told her she nodded and kiss then went to go sit down on the couch and Leilani sat down on her lap as they began to watch tv everybody else was also in the living room watch tv Taraji and my mom started talking while I walked in the kitchen with my dad we sat down at the table "So what is it, pops?" I said he chuckled "So Tasha is your mom biological daughter but not mines why? because there was a point in our marriage were everything just went wrong you know we just drifted apart I had stopped paying attention to her she found it in some other guy they had sex once then the next I knew she was pregnant by the dude. When she found out she straight told me at first I was going to leave but then I thought like it was halfway my fault because i treated her badly so we agreed to work it out the dude she slept with didn't want anything to do with the baby so I agreed to be Tasha's father." He said I nodded "Thanks dad for telling me but its not really that bad." I said chuckling he did too and stood up "Thanks son for being understanding." He said hugging me I smiled "You're welcome." I said "So why is Mira here?" I said he huffed "Tasha invited her as her plus one." He said I huffed but nodded since are together my dad cleared his throat "So how's life at home son?" He said I smiled "Life has been amazing Leilani is now fully moved in and comfortable and she loves Taraji to death I'm actually thinking about proposing to her." I confessed my dad smiled "That's good son but make sure you propose at the right time and place like I did." He said brushing off his shoulders I laughed and nodded "Now let's get back out there I'm sure there hungry." I said her did as well and we went back into the kitchen to find Taraji, Leilani, and my Mom sitting on the couch talking and Tasha and Mira sitting on the love seat griming them honestly how can people be so miserable. I sat down next to Taraji and put my arm behind them Taraji laid her head on my chest. My dad then broke the silence "Alright everyone its time to eat." He said we all got up and sat down my mom said grace and we began eating. After we ate we went back in the living and watched tv while waiting on the cooks to prepare the dessert Taraji went upstairs to take Leilani to the bathroom and as soon as Taraji left Mira broke the silence "So y'all are just okay with this girl up in here raising my child?" She said I busted out laughing "You can't be serious Mira." Mom said trying not to hold back her laughter Mira scoffed Tasha just stayed quiet "What do you mean Mira you signed your parental right's over to Tasha and she signed them over to me. And I am her father and Taraji is her mother so yes me and Taraji will be raising her together. And since when did you care or are you just broke and your looking for any excuse to get money from me." I snapped she dropped her head having nothing else to say. All the anger I had vanished the second I heard my two favorite girls walking down the stairs. They sat back on the couch into their previous position but Leilani turned around so her head was now laying in Taraji's chest Taraji rubbed her back Leilani lifted her head up and looked at Taraji "Mommy I'm sleepy." She said while rubbing her eyes Taraji nodded "Ok do you want to go lay down or stay here?" Taraji asked her "I wanna stay here." Leilani answered and laid her head back on Taraji chest and Taraji resumed rubbing Leilani's back as Taraji was falling asleep her damn self  my mom looked at them and smiled after about 20 minutes the dessert came out and Taraji and Leilani was still asleep so I got up and wrapped up their leftover food and dessert and woke Taraji up and I picked Leilani up and her grandparents kissed her on her forehand we said our goodbyes and left.

Once we made it home I put Leilani to bed I then put their food in the fridge I went back in my room to find Taraji sleep with nothing but one of my t-shirts on. I changed and cuddled up next to her and fell asleep. This dinner wasn't that bad but even when we were talking Tasha didn't say a word she usually has everything to say especially now somethings up with her.

________________________________________________________________________________

What Do Y'all Think? Vote and Comment!!

Love, Dae Dae