☽︎More Bad Than Good☾︎

...

The three teens ran through the woods, the boys trying to find Y/n again after she had run off. They both yelled when she suddenly ran in front of them and they all almost collided. "I think we found something." Stiles told her after they took a second to breathe.

"So did I." She told them what happened as they led her to a grouping of large rocks.

Stiles shined his light in and Scott led the way, Y/n and Stiles following, inside the small cavernous space. "It's a coyote den." Scott said.

"Werecoyote." She corrected.

Stiles reached over and picked up an old baby blue jacket. "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

Scott picked up an old teddy bear laying on the ground. A sudden uneasy feeling came over her. "We shouldn't be here."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"She's not gonna come back here now. We just invaded her home."

"Our scent's going to be everywhere." Scott realized.

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Stiles wondered.

"I don't know." She shook her head.

"Can you guys track her now? Can you use anything in here to find her?"

"I'm not sure. Everything back at the Tate house and here is so old, and she's been a coyote for so long, I'm not sure a tracking spell would work on anything."

"What about a scent? You guys think you've got it?"

"I think so. It'd be better if we had more than one nose, though. What about you, Scott?"

"Maybe." Scott answered. "But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

"The door's still open." Stiles muttered.

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help." They thought for a moment before Scott thought of something. "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's."

"Are you guy's sure that's a good idea?"

"It's kind of the only one we have at the moment." Scott said. She wasn't so convinced but relented anyway. Pretty soon the Sheriff and his deputies were in the woods with them.

Noah emerged from the den with an old scarf in his hand and made his way to the three teens who stood by his car. "You're sure it was her?" He asked.

"I looked right in her eyes. And they glowed just like mine and Scott. I know it's her."