☽︎Strange Frequencies☾︎

...

"I know what happened to Donovan." Theo claimed after shifting back. "I know everything-" He couldn't finish what he was saying as Stiles had rushed at him in sudden anger, grabbing the front of his shirt in his fists and pushing him against the fencing that surrounded the power boxes.

"You don't know anything."

It's Theo's turn to grab Stiles' shirt and push him into the fencing. "I was there." He said almost angrily. "I was at the library. Malia and Y/n found the book. Malia was texting us to see where you were while Y/n went looking. She said they left you at the library. I told Malia I was close. When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down."

"What the hell is going on?" The two looked to see Y/n, her glare set on Theo as she stormed forward and pushed him off of Stiles. "Keep your hands off." She warned, eyes flashing threateningly.

"I'm okay." Stiles put a hand on her arm, making her tense shoulders relax as she turned a softened gaze onto him.

"You saw him?" Stiles looked back at Theo, calming down a little now that Y/n was by his side.

Theo glanced at Y/n before he answered. "Just the body. I watched you come out. I was gonna say something, but then I saw the cop car. And the body was gone. I don't know who took him. I only saw what you saw, and didn't say anything because you didn't." Approaching sirens caught their attention and they all glanced towards the sound. "That's not an ambulance, is it?" Stiles lightly shook his head as he and Y/n moved away from the wolf. "We should get out of here."

Stiles looked to the dead chimera. "We can't just leave him."

"Fine. All right, let's take him. Someone's stealing the bodies anyways, right? Here's our chance to find out who." Stiles was silent, trying to get his mind to run properly. "Stiles, come on. We gotta do something."

"Did you kill him?" Y/n accused more than asked as she glared at Theo.

"In self-defense. He was gonna kill Stiles and me. If we stay, we're either gonna have to tell the truth or we're gonna need a pretty convincing story. It's your choice." He directed the last part to Stiles. "I'm not gonna ask you to lie to your dad."

"Don't worry. I've had plenty of practice." Stiles' choice was to take the body with them and bring it to the animal clinic. They called Scott and told him that they saw the Dread Doctors kill another chimera.

Y/n pulled back the cover they had put over the body so Scott could look at him. "Do you know him?" Theo directed to the Alpha.

"His name's Josh. He was a junior." Y/n covered Josh back up as Scott paced a little bit, before turning back to his friends. "Which one did it? The one with the cane?"

"The Surgeon." Y/n named, picking up the Dread Doctors' titles from the few pages of the book she managed to read.

Stiles glanced at Theo as he nodded in agreement with the witch's statement. "What are we going to do with him?" Stiles asked. "We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. All right, someone's gotta stay here with him."